Sr Engineer - Project Manager ( 601170-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This positionis responsible for leading the implementation of metro transport deployments East of the Mississippi. The project manager’s responsibilities will include coordinating the successful implementation of various metro deployments (including but not limited to Node/Building adds, shelf/card adds, BEAS/NID deployments), long term project planning, reporting, and other responsibilities to succeed in our deployments. Other responsibilities include leading technical discussions amongst peer groups, driving parts of the overall programs, leading teams through transformational changes that enable the organization to think differently and move at a faster pace.
This position will require extreme organization and the ability to manage expectations above, below, and across the organization. This person will be responsible for interacting with Executive client teams, planning teams, and the local network engineering teams. The ideal candidate will have the experience to hold meaningful conversations with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will also have experience leading large scale, multi-faceted projects that span multiple organizations.
- Apply project management skills to organize and drive a program that consists of hundreds of projects
- Utilize existing knowledge of metro network and operations to drive efficient communication streams across various teamsand organizations.
- Manage external vendors for equipment forecasts and delivery.
- Drive operation teams to hit monthly goals.
- Accurately manage monthly and overall Capital budget and forecasting.
Where you will be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Metro network architecture and equipment.
- Experience managing large scale projects that interface between multiple teams.
- Experience in vendor management, equipment ordering, and forecasting.
- Experience in reading, understanding, and commenting ondetailed engineering drawings.
- Experience in metro net work architecture and ring architecture.
- Experience driving troubleshooting efforts.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Engineering.
- PMP certifications.
- Experience managing teams.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Defined and developed reporting methods experience.
- Ability of defining results and managing teams to deliver on the defined results.
- Ability to lead technical discussions with a group of individuals in the industry with varying technical positions.
- Ability to work well both independently and in diverse teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).