Technical Project Manager
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Technical Project Manager in Bethesda, MD
The Project Manager will be responsible for successful service delivery and contract execution, leading a diverse team comprised of software developers, business analysts, desktop support ad infrastructure support teams and others. The team will employ agile methodologies, including scrum, Kanban, test-driven development. Project Manager will be responsible for compliance with HHS and NIH policies and mandated actions, such as EPLC, security policies, ADA Section 508, and others.
- Provide management, technical leadership and organize the activities and personnel associated with complex software development and technical support tasks
- Understand and oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle and using the agile development methodology;
- Oversee technical support tasks such as desktop and infrastructure support.
- Manage staff, including hiring, compensation and employee performance assessments;
- Manage software integration and development efforts including AI/ML solutions development.
- Manage multiple projects and tasks and supervise approximately 10-15 staff.
- Provide overall Project Management (PM) support throughout the performance period using customer’s internal processes consistent with principles outlined in the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) PMBOK® Guide.
- Provide technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction at all times
- Be accountable to the customer and to Leidos management for the success of the project(s) and team
- Create, manage, and control project schedules and an Integrated Master Schedule
- Perform project risk management and create the required status reports. Manage all project deliverables on time.
- Ensure adequate communication between the stakeholders and other development teams
- Respond to Data Calls such as financial status, computer or hardware details, technical attributes of the Systems, or security audits.
- Manage all required activities to ensure alignment with multiple schedules and requirements across all systems and projects as well other interfacing systems and projects.
- Work with the customer to reprioritize activities to refocus work efforts and support activities to address new or changing business needs.
- Work with the stakeholders to determine and document the appropriate level of Enterprise Project Life Cycle deliverables and milestones to ensure a successful outcome for each system.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters degree highly desired.
- Minimum overall 12 years of experience progressively moving from technical role to project management
- Experience leading IT development programs that apply an agile software development methodology and SecDevOps in a large environment preferably in a Government agency
- Experience managing multiple smaller projects
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Strong technical background in software development processes, techniques, and best practices
- PMP Certification is required
- 5+ years of Experience as a software developer
- HHS Experience a plus. NIH experience a big plus.
- Experience directing a distributed team, managing multiple customers, programs, and projects as one collective business.
- Experience providing IT solutions in a variety of technologies including C#, SharePoint, Drupal
- Experience with SQL Server and .Net
- Experience with AI/ML development process
hhsnihPay Range:Pay Range $101,400.00 - $156,000.00 - $210,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.