SMIT Project Manager JR-1 (PM1)
The Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under SMIT the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) and Marine Corps Enterprise Network (MCEN), including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Project Manager to lead the execution of projects for the SMIT contract. This Project Manager will lead technical projects which may span multiple IT service domains, but will all be contributing to the modernization and transformation of the NMCI network.
The primary places of performance are Government and contractor facilities located in the National Capital Region (NCR) or at other Navy/Marine Corps bases, with the potential for telework as schedules allow. Support in other regions, both in the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS), may be required. Travel may be required depending on the portfolio of projects awarded on contract. The ability to clearly articulate technical messages for a variety of audiences at a high-level, both through written and verbal means, will be a critical skill necessary for the success in this position.
- Be accountable for low complexity projects and their results.
- Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating team activities to manage and implement projects from initiation to final operational stage.
- Determine, monitor, and review all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risk.
- Lead the project team in determining client requirements and translating requirements into operational plans.
- Identify and assemble the appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs and requirements, working with our matrixed engineering management staff to secure the appropriate resources.
- Manage sub-contractors assigned to support projects under the leadership of the project manager.
- Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to the project; Undertake status review meetings among project team members and clients.
- Work with management on project proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules.
- Coach and advise team members to accomplish project goals, to meet established schedules, and resolve technical or operational issues.
- Proactively influence customers to apply project planning methodologies. Ensure adherence to legally binding requirements.
- Control project requirements, scope, and change management issues.
- Create project documentation based on pre-existing templates.
- Update project status weekly and review with the Government customer.
- Ensure that all assigned projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Identify project risks throughout the life of the project.
- Keep stakeholders informed of project status and deliverables, as well as risk and mitigation strategies.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues.
- Develop trusted adviser relationship with project and program stakeholders and sponsors.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 0-2 years of related experience
- Teamwork-oriented with a strong focus on customer satisfaction.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow-through to ensure client success.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Experience working with clients at all organizational levels with a high degree of professionalism and business acumen.
- Ability to create and edit project documents, materials, and presentations, including schedule management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, proactive, organized and have the ability to manage concurrent projects and interface with external clients in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Candidate must possess excellent leadership, organization, communication, and time management skills.
- Working experience in government contracting, particularly related to financial aspects and standard business practices (e.g., familiarity with and ability to interpret statements of work, contracts, subcontracts, purchase orders, etc.).
- Leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead in a matrixed environment.
- Solid ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience with managing the planning, provisioning, and delivery of information technology services to large organizations.
- PMP or DAWIA Certification.
- Earned Value Management experience.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.