Deputy Task Manager/Project Coordinator
Our NM office is looking for a Task Manager/Project Coordinator to perform a variety analysis for an applied R&D contract at White Sands Missile Range, NM. You will get to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team, in collaboration with Government researchers doing interesting analysis primarily in an office environment. The successful candidate with develop detailed project management & execution plans and implements them together with the project team. The candidate will be responsible for working hand in hand with the Program Manager, Engineering team, and other suppliers/sub-contractors to complete all planning, reporting, required works, installations, commissioning of equipment & systems to the customer. They will work within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organization and will be responsible for specific projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will also:
- Assist reporting, scheduling, and developing programs response involved with ongoing Directed Energy (DE) test capability modernization contract, which includes intersections with test range support at White Sands Missile Range and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain various tracking reports on costs, schedules, budgets and on projects.
- Analyze and manage subcontractor performance and track purchase orders.
- The ideal candidate will work independently as well as with a team, learn new skills quickly, demonstrate excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be organized, detail-oriented, careful, flexible, and self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
- The candidate must be able and willing to travel to White Sands in New Mexico once a week; possibly more as needed.
- 6-8+ years’ experience managing project resources, people, material, and budgets
- A current and active DOD Secret Clearance
- Master’s degree Business Administration
- Demonstrated solutions of highly complex problems using application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning, and interpretation.
- Experience in project management and personnel management to ensure project targets (scope, schedule, cost, quality, environmental health, and safety) are met.
- Knowledge and understanding of project management, technical writing, operations in of Government and Department of Defense regulations
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Good computer skills using MS Windows are required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Possesses a proven good track record in handling multiple projects
- DOD Top Secret clearance.
- Familiar with operations at White Sands Missile Range.
- Experience with Safety, Security, and training of personnel.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.