Technical Project Manager/Complex Project Manager (TPM II)
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Technical Project Manager/Complex Project Manager (TPM II) to manage aspects of IT projects within a large-scale enterprise-IT delivery and support program. As a junior level member of the management team, this role is ideal for someone with limited prior experience who is interested in starting their career in IT Project Management. This position will report to a client site in Chantilly, Virginia.
Qualified candidates must possess a current and active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance to be considered for this position.
In this role you will manage aspects of a diverse IT project or multiple projects, typically involving multiple disciplines in the IT function. This may include;
- Utilizing expertise and leadership skills to direct staff and to resolve issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met
- Leveraging expanded knowledge and experience in own area while acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills
- Building knowledge of the company, processes and customers
- Solving a range of straightforward problems
- Analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures
- Receiving a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Leveraging expanded conceptual knowledge in own area of expertise while developing additional skill sets
- Demonstrating understanding key business drivers and using this understanding to accomplish own work
- Solving standard problems by analyzing possible solutions using experience, judgment and precedents
- Impacting quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Explaining information to others in straightforward situations
- While there are no supervisory responsibilities, the TPM II may provide guidance to new associates
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Ability to satisfy any additional government-required clearance processing or screening, as determined necessary by the government
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience, or 6+ years of combined education/work experience
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.