Project Manager - Wireless Network Engineering
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a member of the Verizon Network Engineering Project Management Organization you will be responsible for developing processes for the execution of critical Wireless Network Capital Projects; assuring delivery of the projects on time and within budget; and providing readouts to Senior Leadership for your assigned programs of work.
- Managing medium to large-scale 4G/5G engineering projects using tools such as FUZE, Microsoft products, G-Suite, etc. to insure objectives are met.
- Working closely with a variety of groups both within and outside the Network Teams (including RF Design, Cell, Switch, Engineering, Transport, Real Estate, System Performance, Translations).
- Managing external vendors to meet targeted network milestones and integration dates.
- Coordinating and Lead regular project meetings to keep the team abreast of (as well as track) overall status, changes, risks and major milestones.
- Escalating issues when necessary to keep schedules on-track.
- Ensuring project timelines are met. Establishing contingency plans as needed throughout the duration of all projects.
- Providing regular status reports to the Project team, Management and Directors for projects.
- Coordinating Lessons Learned post-mortem discussions to document and improve efficiencies of similar projects going forward.
- Developing new processes to improve employee and project efficiency. Documenting processes and procedures for the project team/sub-market.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree.
- Technical experience in the Wireless industry.
- Project Management skills and experience.
- PMP Certification.
- VLSS experience.
- Experience with Operating systems and applications including: Windows, MS Office, And Proficiency in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access, VISIO, Microsoft Project, G-suite.
- Knowledge in FUZE or other Project Management tool-sets.
- Knowledge and experience of project management concepts.
- Strong analytical and/or technical skills.
- Strong Decision making and Leadership abilities (especially as it pertains to working with a project team that does not directly report to you).
- The ability to have a Positive ‘Can Do’ attitude, work efficiently, and independently.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills (including the ability to interact with technical & non-technical teams)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills - Communicates effectively verbally and in writing (in a clear and concise manner).
- Ability to display a high level of involvement and commitment towards team’s success.
- Strong decision making skills - make appropriate use of all available information and data.
- Ability to anticipate future workload and prepare accordingly.
- Ability to recognize impact of decisions upon the rest of the organization, receive broad guidance and is accountable for project results.
- Ability to lead by example, demonstrate company values and policies, initiates action; assume ownership for decisions and results.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.