Project Manager - Technology
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
In this role, you’ll join the Global Technology Solutions (GTS) Strategy & Planning organization to drive efficiencies, speed, and innovation. You will play a key role in optimizing Verizon’s technology assets to ensure maximum utilization of infrastructure and technology resources. Additionally, you will assist in maximizing our hardware and software investments by providing governance and oversight on purchase acquisitions, as well as identifying major savings opportunities (including contributing to Verizon’s overall Transformation office savings goals). This will lead to lower costs and greater efficiency, improved system security and data governance, and better buying decisions and negotiating power.
- Reviewing, governing, and tracking all GTS hardware and software acquisitions. Engage with multiple teams across Verizon (e.g., Sourcing, Vendor Management, Finance, Accounting) to validate that all GTS hardware and software infrastructure programs drive synergies to transform Verizon's infrastructure to a more efficient model.
- Reviewing the technical direction of hardware and software purchases, assess financials and compliance to align with the company's strategic direction to ensure that solutions are both technologically and financially optimized.
- Providing recommendations on alternate solutions.
- Collaborating across multiple organizations to ensure GTS meets its savings goals.
- Analyzing GTS’s forecasts and plans across vendors, programs, and stakeholders, to identify savings opportunities and drive them to completion.
- Managing key GTS projects oriented around financial governance and/or tools, such as the GTS Accrual Process.
- Instituting controls in the hardware/software acquisition and approval processes to ensure proper governance, while ensuring agility in order to allow critical and innovative projects to meet their goals/deadlines. Continually assess controls and processes to maximize the value to Verizon.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You have strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of management. You are able to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented collaborative work environment. You have critical thinking skills with the ability to execute on details.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with program/project management methodology.
- Experience with process design and financial modeling.
- Willingness travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree inIT, business.
- Quantitative skills.
- Experience of achieving results and meeting deadlines.
- Technical, financial, analytical, and problem solving skills to resolve complex issues.
- Knowledge in Accounting and/or Finance.
- Microsoft Office/Excel and Google Slides/Sheets experience.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.