Technology Project Manager-Open Source
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The Open Source Program Office is seeking a Program and Project Manager to play a critical role that interacts with development, security, and compliance teams across the company with the goal of building and maintaining a Verizon-wide open source software management program. You will engage with teams across the enterprise to standardize, connect, and harmonize the existing approaches for tracking open source components and manage the development and implementation of analysis and automation tools to streamline and simplify this process. You will work closely with your peers in the Open Source Program Office who are driving other aspects of overall open source governance. You will be responsible for the prioritization of efforts and escalating any issues regarding all aspects of this program, engaging at the executive level as well as the implementation level. You will also be providing metrics and report-outs regarding the progress and impact of this program to senior executives and the program steering committee, which will require understanding, documenting, and highlighting the necessary trade-offs and proposing effective solutions to improve the security and compliance of our open source environments.
You will be part of a cross-Verizon virtual team focused on building innovative, strategic, and long-term solutions that align with (and often expand) Verizon enterprise architecture standards. You will work collaboratively with all stakeholders to establish and maintain program momentum. You will also work closely with your peers on implementing policies and establishing best practices for the use of open source software components in all stages of the development lifecycle.
- Working with leaders to define and prioritize programs and communications strategy.
- Managing and publishing metrics and impact reports for the program.
- Planning and tracking work for the larger business teams including operational alignment and execution plans.
- Acting as the single point of contact for all communications and engagement team efforts.
- Creating and fostering strong relationships with all participants by aligning our goals while also understanding how we can leverage existing efforts to minimize the incremental impact of the program on schedules while meeting the security and compliance objectives.
- Ensuring complete coverage across all parts of the business, focusing on prioritizing the target efforts appropriately.
- Working with the OSPO leadership on the overall open source related strategies.
What we are looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in open source licensing and related legal topics.
- Experience in leading data engineering programs.
- Experience in driving cross organizational programs.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Resourceful and creative thinking.
- Strong Program Management and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to drive projects and programs to successful completion.
- Strong team leadership, and communication skills.
- Experience collaboratively working with peers and leaders to gain their buy-in and alignment on highly visible engineering and change management programs.
- Experience for being a self-starter, capable of leading initiatives independently, while keeping management and peers informed of status, risks, issues, etc.
- Experience in software security topics.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $123,000.00 and $229,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.