Technology Project Manager-Open Source
- Working with leaders to define and prioritize programs and communications strategy.
- Managing and publishing metrics and impact reports for the program.
- Planning and tracking work for the larger business teams including operational alignment and execution plans.
- Acting as the single point of contact for all communications and engagement team efforts.
- Creating and fostering strong relationships with all participants by aligning our goals while also understanding how we can leverage existing efforts to minimize the incremental impact of the program on schedules while meeting the security and compliance objectives.
- Ensuring complete coverage across all parts of the business, focusing on prioritizing the target efforts appropriately.
- Working with the OSPO leadership on the overall open source related strategies.
What we are looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in open source licensing and related legal topics.
- Experience in leading data engineering programs.
- Experience in driving cross organizational programs.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Resourceful and creative thinking.
- Strong Program Management and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to drive projects and programs to successful completion.
- Strong team leadership, and communication skills.
- Experience collaboratively working with peers and leaders to gain their buy-in and alignment on highly visible engineering and change management programs.
- Experience for being a self-starter, capable of leading initiatives independently, while keeping management and peers informed of status, risks, issues, etc.
- Experience in software security topics.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Where you'll be working
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we've got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York work location, the compensation range for this position is between $123,000.00 and $229,000.00 annually based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.