SAP Project Manager
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team’s overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Experience with interface, documentation and requirements traceability. Serves as Lead to provide business, technical and personnel management to subordinate groups of technical and administrative personnel across multiple disciplines such as engineering, application program and systems development. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall, day-to-day management of a specific task order or group of task orders affecting the same or related/interdependent systems. The Senior Project Manager schedules and assigns work to subordinates and subcontractors and monitors progress and resolves discrepancies to ensure compliance with work/quality standards and contract/task order requirements.
The Senior Project Manager ensures that the technical solutions and schedules in the task order(s) are implemented within estimated timeframes and budget constraints. The Senior Project Manager reports orally and in writing to the Program Manager, contractor management, and government representatives. In the absence of the Program Manager, the Senior Project Manager may serve as the Contractor's authorized interface with the Government Contracting Officer, the Contracting Officer's Representative/Technical Representative (COR/COTR), government management personnel, and agency representatives and is authorized to negotiate and make decisions binding on the Contractor.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Six (6) or more years of technical experience managing system integration, design, development, testing, implementation, integration, operations and/or program management of complex computer systems and/or computer facilities operation.
- Five (5) or more years of SAP experience as Functional Analyst, Developer, or PM.
- Requires competence in all phases of program management for complex computer systems.
- Requires knowledge of system integration techniques, interface technical documentation, FDS (Functional Design Specs), IDD (Interface Design Document) and project management practices.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently based on the strategic plan or under general direction.
- Must be able to effectively employ contemporary project management tools.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Plans and leads major technology assignments.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- Ability to effectively supervise others.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Math, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline. An additional four (4) years of demonstrated project management experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
DoD clearance required - (must be clearable)
Security Clearance: Clearable to Secret
Must not have dual citizenship
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- PMP certification preferred
- Experience in post go-live production support and break/fix
- Focus on customer service and responsiveness, with sound customer handling skills
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM