SAP Consultant - SAP S/4HANA Senior Project Manager
A career in IBM Consulting is rooted by long-term relationships and close collaboration with clients across the globe.
You'll work with visionaries across multiple industries to improve the hybrid cloud and AI journey for the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Your ability to accelerate impact and make meaningful change for your clients is enabled by our strategic partner ecosystem and our robust technology platforms across the IBM portfolio; including Software and Red Hat.
Curiosity and a constant quest for knowledge serve as the foundation to success in IBM Consulting. In your role, you'll be encouraged to challenge the norm, investigate ideas outside of your role, and come up with creative solutions resulting in ground breaking impact for a wide network of clients. Our culture of evolution and empathy centers on long-term career growth and development opportunities in an environment that embraces your unique skills and experience.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior Project Manager, you will play a pivotal role in managing and providing expert level project management guidance for complex SAP (and potentially SAP Peripheral Programs). You will also be responsible for working across teams to manage resources and interdependencies as required. You will be tasked with challenging situations every day and coordinating high profile projects across multiple teams. You will have the opportunity to interface with a wide variety of other teams across IBM as well as high visibility customers. Candidates should be willing to roll up their sleeves and complete the definition and set-up work required and have a high level of ownership and accountability throughout the entire project life cycle. As a Senior Project Manager, you're expected to provide overall, day-to-day management of a specific task order or group of task orders including management of business process team members, managing scope of work, work assignments and resources across the multiple projects supporting the client. This position requires strong leadership, organization and communication skills and significant experience managing design, development, testing, implementation, integration, and operations projects.
Responsibilities will include Program Management and Accountability, Program Governance including financials, Resource Staffing Plans (Client and internal), Schedule management and inter dependencies, Communication / Change Management planning, Coordination with other teams (IBM & Client), Deliverable review and submission, Dynamic ability to manage customer/partner requirements and challenges - critical path identification, Risk and Issue Management and Mitigation planning.
We bring our global industrial-strength Application Management capabilities, modernized for a cloud world, together with our world-class cloud and mobile-powered Enterprise Application and Systems Integration skills. The integration of DevOps Innovation Services and Agile practices, along with IBM Design Thinking and a world of talent, enables us to deliver continuous innovation with speed, quality, and at the cost point required to keep clients at the top of their game.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 5+ years SAP Functional or Technical experience;
- Multiple SAP S/4HANA full lifecycle implementations experience;
- 10+ years of senior project management experience with a demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions;
- 10+ years of People/Team Management;
- Focus on customer service and responsiveness, with sound customer handling skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Active Project Management Professional (PMP, PMI) and/or Agile Certified Professional (ACI-PMP) designations;
- Up to 75% or 4 days a week (home on weekends - based on project requirements).
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM