Associate II, Quality Control, Cell Therapy (R1555734-en-us)
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
The primary focus of the QC Lab Technician role will be to perform lab and equipment support duties to support QC testing.
- Perform and document scheduled preventative maintenance and onboarding of QC lab equipment according to established procedures
- Execute equipment alarm response and trend monitoring during regular business hours
- Use established systems to purchase and stock lab supplies, gowning, materials, and equipment
- Create and verify LIMS Standard and Reagent labels
- Perform routine housekeeping of QC labs
- Perform solution preparation to support QC testing
- Escalate lab material shortages through the appropriate channels
- Facilitate induction of new materials required in QC Labs
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meet deadlines, and adjust workload based on changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Basic computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Strong detail-driven scientific and organizational skills.
- Experience working in a regulated (GxP) environment (optional).
- Success working in a high-performing, business results-driven environment.
Associate Degree in Science or related field with 1 - 2 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.