Principal Engineer - Quality Assurance ( 597317-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Business Group (VBG), part of the Global Technology Solutions (GTS) organization, manages a vast portfolio of applications that support strategic business groups including Business Transformation, Product, Public Sector, Global Enterprise and more. We are seeking a dynamic, organized individual who thrives in a fast-paced work environment to join our team.
We’re looking for someone who can work independently and perform an effective test strategy for end-to-end system tests that make sure we deliver value to our company and customers. You’ll work under a senior manager and lead a global team in End-to-End/UAT testing efforts.
- Develop test strategy for end-to-end systems tests with multiple integration points.
- Independently lead a team of QA Test Leads, QA Test Engineers in both Manual and Automation test efforts.
- Collaborate with a global test team with resources in multiple locations spread over Onshore (US) and India facilitating seamless transfer between the teams.
- Ability to oversee complex projects with testing spanning multiple projects and applications across Business Segments.
- Aggressively drive the projects to closure ensuring the project commitments are met.
- Help the team in removing blockers and be an escalation point for all matters related to testing and operate as a primary point of contact for the testing team.
- Lead the escalation bridge for issues ranging from development issues to environment and bring issues to a quick closure.
- Review testing artifacts produced by the team to check for accuracy and aid in distribution and review of the artifacts with Business Owners to obtain the testing signoff.
- Monitor all QA activities including test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis, identify areas of improvement and implement steps required to improve the process.
- Build collaborative partnerships with different project stakeholders ranging from Business, PMO, Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts and Developers
Where you'll be working… .
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Software Testing Life Cycle and guide the team to adopt best practices and decision making skills.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical field.
- Knowledge of Automation Tools & Frameworks.
- Experience in colloborating and leading a global team
- Experience in vendor management
- Ability to provide technical leadership and experience in Test Automation, Testing Methodologies, Testing Processes, Tools and Techniques.
- Experience in leading End to End/UAT testing efforts for a large scale company.
- Experience in Telecom Industry.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).