External Manufacturing Quality Bio/Sterile Intern
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Provide support to External Quality representatives managing relationships with Contract Manufacturing Organizations producing Bio/Sterile products within the US.
Activities you will be involved in during your placement as ExM Quality Bio/Sterile Intern include:
- Support the Bristol Myers Squibb (BMS) Market Action Fact Finding Meetings (FIT / FIRM) and Product Review Committee processes for major / critical investigations involving Third Party products.
- Support compliance and tracking of Field Alert Reports, Biological Product Defect Reports, Quality Defect Notifications and all other Health Authority notifications associated with CMOs managed by ExM
- Support improvement projects as needed
- Support the compilation & analysis of the Quality Performance metrics of the various business units of ExM BioSterile Quality for Quality Council, Annual Product Quality Reviews (APQRs) and Business Operations, ensuring timely escalations and actions as required.
- Interface with relevant departments to ensure compliance with corporate policies, GMP and regulatory requirements
- Support the progression of GMP documents within the Documentation Management System
- Authoring, review and approval of QA-related procedures & Quality Agreements
- Support the review and approval of site procedures
- Engage in Quality Culture initiatives
- Engage in Operational Excellence initiatives
Due to the nature of the role, you may work in other and/or multiple QA areas once the appropriate training has been completed.
Qualifications & Experience:
What Qualities Are We Looking For?
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who can collaborate in teams and have the willingness to learn.
- Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology, Analytical Science, Pharmaceutical & Biomedical Chemistry or Pharmaceutical & Industrial Chemistry discipline of study
- Passionate about the biopharma sector and innovation in healthcare
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Energetic, collaborative and dedicated
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.