Quality Assurance Engineer
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. Leidos employees enjoy market-competitive compensation and benefits and career growth opportunities to match individual ambitions.
Leidos is seeking a mid-level Quality Assurance Engineer to support the Maritime System Division (MSD) in either Lynnwood or Poulsbo, WA, both ISO 9001 certified facilities. The scope of the business activities at these facilities includes: underwater vehicle systems, maritime sensors, supporting information technology & engineering services for complex maritime applications, development and support of underwater data acquisition and telemetry systems for distributed sensors for ISR, IPOE, SSW and platform signature measurement.
MSD is an industry leader in developing, applying, and advancing the state-of-the-art signal processing technologies for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems including distributed netted sensor systems, communications systems, positioning systems, tactical decision systems, and autonomous unmanned platforms. Leidos maritime systems are addressing complex mission requirements and pioneering impressive firsts in the application of advanced signal processing solutions to the full range of maritime missions. The MSD team includes an outstanding group of engineers and scientists, located in Arlington VA, Long Beach MS, Newport RI, Lynnwood and Poulsbo WA, San Diego CA, and other sites around the United States, who support a broad range of activities ranging from advanced prototype development for DARPA, ONR and other S&T customers to provide support for ongoing Navy missions. The successful applicant will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development.
- Supports external audits conducted in support of maintaining the organization’s ISO 9001:2015 and CMMI Level 3 certifications.
- Works as a member of the Mission Assurance team and works with project technicians, engineers, and managers to develop and implement QA surveillance approaches across the Poulsbo and Lynnwood project activities.
- Review and analyze quality clauses in requests for proposals (RFPs) and statements of work (SOW) when proposing future work and in contracts post award to ensure the Sterling QMS will meet requirements. Define any gaps and implement needed changes with site leadership. Identify requirements to flow down to suppliers.
- Establishes a strategic test approach to witness testing, as applicable per Leidos requirements.
- Conduct quality inspections of project deliverables and support performance verification testing, as needed. Collect and report key process indicator measurements and progress toward meeting quality objectives. Key process indicators include on-time delivery, supplier ratings, receiving inspection first pass yield, work order first pass yield and peer review metrics.
- Conducts Quality Management Reviews with functional discipline leads (i.e., engineering, production, project management and area leadership) to evaluate and improve the quality management system (QMS) and performance to quality objectives.
- Create and update Tailored Process Baselines (TPB), as required. TPB is where Leidos standard project execution processes are applied to specific work scope.
- Provide review and input to program plans and other program documents in support of accurate and on-time deliverables.
- Develop quality audit plan for the site and projects that meet audit requirements and focuses, in cooperation with project managers and area leadership, on areas that contribute to business outcomes.
- Conducts timely quality audits in adherence with the program audit schedules and in compliance with Leidos policies and direction, report audit results to program leadership.
- Generate corrective action requests for audit findings and maintain the Common Audit Database (CAD) with timely updates/closures of audit findings.
- Supports and proactively leads and documents process improvements (e.g., six sigma events), lessons learned and assists program team in creating a culture for continuous improvement
- Actively implements Mission Assurance goals and objectives and support QEC business rhythms
- Provide and track training of staff in site standard quality management awareness and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS degree and 4-8 years of experience or Masters with 2-6 years of experience with quality management systems
- Experience working with the following tools: SharePoint, MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and function in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- Experience in quality auditing, root cause analysis and test witnessing
- Experience in a hardware and software development environment
- Experience performing with ISO 9001 and CMMI Level 3 Quality Management Systems
- Experience with Atlassian software development and collaboration tools [Jira, Confluence]
Pay Range:Pay Range $68,900.00 - $124,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:01/11/2024
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.