Quality Assurance Lead ( R-00050664 )
Leidos Health Group has an opportunity for a Quality Assurance Lead (QAL) supporting the Franchise Fund Support Services project.
This opportunity is contingent upon award of FFSS.
Our Quality Management is dedicated consistent application of program controls across the program to ensure consistency and business continuity for applying standards including Lean Six Sigma, ITIL, SAFe, across all PWS elements. We manage and track Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Metrics and perform Risk Management activities across the program. Additionally we conduct root cause analysis and perform continuous improvement through Preventive and Corrective Action Requests (PAR/CARs). The successful candidate will have extensive experience with quality assurance and control, supporting product and service development and baseline implementation. The candidate will be a proactive agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated. The candidate will utilize improvement expertise (e.g. six sigma/lean) to implement cost, service and technical efficiencies to program processes and service optimization.
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE: The QAL manages the quality assurance activities across the entire program lifecycle. This includes establishing and monitoring the performance/quality measurements to ensure requirement satisfaction for performance measures. The QAL will interface directly with subcontractors to ensure their quality management systems are implemented and that objective evidence exists to demonstrate compliance to documented plans, processes and procedures. The QAL serves as the member of a team with the responsibility to ensure the highest quality services, system and subsystems are provided to our customer through the generation and control of program processes, performance of regularly scheduled internal process audits and the consistent facilitation of structured improvement activities. The successful candidate will be an agent for change, possess high energy, have a passion for quality, and be self-motivated. This role will conduct root cause analysis and perform continuous improvement through Preventative and Corrective Action Requests (PAR/CARs) .
- The Quality Assurance Lead is responsible for leading the internal quality monitoring process and evaluating the performance of production processes and procedures and coordinating with VA on quality issues.
- Develop, implement, and maintain the technical quality assurance and control system for the program. Lead the development and implementation of procedures and plans (e.g. Quality Management Plan, Quality Control Plan) and procedures for assuring quality products and services.
- Develop and improve processes and procedures to meet and exceed acceptable quality levels for program performance standards, with specific emphasis on system engineering and quality measurements.
- Develop and maintain a Quality Control Plan (QCP) to ensure that all required services are performed in accordance with task order terms and conditions. Develop and implement procedures in the QCP that identify, prevent, and ensure non-recurrence of marginal performance. Initiate changes in processes and practices to ensure effectively manage performance. Initiate corrective action when any tasks are deficient or substandard.
- Implement audit practices for internal processes and products.
- Ensure adherence to all standards, policies, and best practices.
- Support the development and collection of performance metrics. Provide the program manager with timely metrics and audit outcomes to gauge progress towards quality objectives.
- Develop Quality weekly and monthly reports that provides measurements with trends over time and highlights performance issues with mitigation strategies. Report quality status and quality issues, with resolution plans, at weekly and monthly status meetings.
- Coordinate/collaborate with the government, Leidos and subcontractor personnel for validation of the effectiveness of quality assurance procedures and controls; monitors, reviews, and reports assessment results of Leidos performance against defined contractual standards; and validates compliance with SOPs and VA policies.
- The QAL will support the government requested activities by coordinating the availability of program, project, and operational documents; providing data requested as part of onsite and remote audits; providing access to all source materials and associated metadata.
- Establish and maintain strong and productive relationships with key stakeholders ensuring that the objectives are understood and incorporated into a framework of continuous improvement.
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Contract requirement
- Knowledge of and experience with implementing ITIL and Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of and experience with industrial automation tools and processes
- Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt trained
- Experience maintaining high levels of quality in a production environment.
- Experience working with documentation and data that contains Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Expertise with peer reviews and process auditing.
- Experience collecting and analyzing metrics.
- Experience determining the resources required to maintain quality control.
- Strong communication and writing skills with emphasis on communications with government customers and third-party stakeholders.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project), QA applications and databases.
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- ISO 9001 trained
- Certified Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt
- Certifications to include Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, ITIL v3 Foundation
- Formal Auditor Training
- Experience with VA, DoD, or other Federal business processes; business process automation and business process integration efforts
Familiarity with the Federal Government work environmentExternal Referral Bonus:IneligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%Clearance Level Required:Public TrustTravel:NoScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Testing and Quality AssurancePay Range: