Quality Assurance Engineer ( R-00068982 )
Leidos has an opening for Quality Engineer in our Centennial, Colorado office, supporting the Antarctic Support Contract (ASC). The ASC is a dynamic and complex program that performs operations and logistics in support of science on the Antarctic Continent and two maritime research vessels. This position will be responsible for the verification and the application of conventional industrial, commercial residential construction maintenance, operation, inspection and testing methods against building codes and standards. This position will have a working relationship with the Antarctic “on-ice” Building Inspectors.
- The position will verify application of all commercial and residential building and maintenance codes such as but not limited to International Code Council (ICC) for Fire, Fuel Gas, Energy Conservation, Plumbing, Mechanical and Existing Building Codes.
- Surveil and verify the application of NFPA-7- Electric Code, and the NESC code for Electrical Safety.
- Attend design review meetings and participation in project and architectural drawing reviews at the 30, 60, 90, 100% completion status, and final sign off.
- Review project definitions, monitoring engineering and construction schedules, and meeting regularly with managers to determine applicable construction codes applied, and verified upon completion of projects and work orders.
- Review purchase orders for hazardous materials and approve or reject based on ASC hazmat guidelines.
- The position duties may also assist in reviewing preventive and maintenance work orders from the Antarctic stations for completion and sign off final closures.
- Other responsibilities could include assisting in subcontractor/supplier surveillance. Coordination of effectiveness will be done with the assigned building inspector(s) on–Ice.
***This position will require occasional short-term deployment to Antarctic stations for training and process verifications with the Building Inspectors and assigned subcontractor Quality Assurance staff. The individual in the position must successfully complete medical and dental examinations.***
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is required and 0-2 years relevant experience.
- General knowledge, understanding, and application of all commercial and residential building and maintenance codes such as but not limited to International Code Council (ICC) set of standards.
- General knowledge, understanding and application of all heavy industrial codes of The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), American Petroleum Institute (API), American Welding Society (AWS) and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) etc.