Leidos is looking for a Scrum Master to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. We are using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and test automation tools alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration, and operational support. The program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
This role requires an experienced Agile Scrum Master to work on a large-scale software and hardware integration effort. The selected candidate will be responsible for facilitating a large complex agile team, or several small agile teams as part of a larger Agile Release Train (ART) delivering value to the customer using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) as the agile framework. She/he will help educate the teams in Scrum or Kanban to ensure that the agile processes are being followed. She/he will help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. The selected candidate will work with team members, with other Agile Scrum Masters, and with support personnel to ensure that the team’s commitments at the Program Increment (PI) Planning are met. She/he will facilitate horizontal communication across team members to identify any impediments that may prevent team progress while working mitigation plans. The selected candidate will be responsible for sensing, determining, and leading discussions when issues need to be analyzed or triaged, and for making improvements in determining and implementing improvements to processes. Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical.
- Responsible for facilitating self-organizing team(s) to ensure the team is making progress against Program Increment commitments
- Protect the team from scope creep during execution of the PI
- Remove impediments for the team and coordinate with the Release Train Engineers in implementing solutions
- Help team members communicate, coordinate, and cooperate
- Supports and enforce Scrum process and other rules
- Ensures that the team has a clear understanding of Definition of Done and how to meet it
- Coordinate with other teams on the Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and communicate status to management
- Work with the Product Owner/s to review and prioritize features
- Lead and facilitate SAFe ceremonies to include sprint planning, sprint review, demos, sprint retro, and PI planning
- Work with Product Owner/s to develop User Stories to meet the Feature acceptance criteria
- Maintain and generate information radiators for the teams
- Collect and share team metrics with the team, determine when new metrics are needed, and develop improvements in metrics
- Coach teams on agile and scrum principles with the goal of continuous improvement
- Observe team dynamics, recognize strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coach the team to drive improvements in productivity
- Create a fun sharing and learning environment, experiment with various ideas to improve delivery, including pair-programming and cross-functional training
- Promote teamwork to achieve sprint goals
- Lead teams towards agile maturity
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least 8 (eight) years of relevant work experience. Additional relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Candidate must possess active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance to be considered for this role.
- Experience working as a Scrum Master for a software development or similar technical team
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) or similar agile project management certification (PMI-ACP)
- Experience using agile project management tools (e.g., Jira, VersionOne, Rallye, IBM RTC)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, and time management skills are a must
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, across diverse systems and groups
- If the selected candidate is in CA, some travel to MD will be likely, for 2-4 (consecutive) days each quarter for PI Planning sessions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline
- Experience working with large software systems including hardware integration and test
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary technical development teams
- Experience using SAFe as the agile development methodology
- Experience-affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
- Experience applying test automation, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment to achieve built-in quality by the team
- Experience using Kanban to improve flow on support teams
CSSKEYPay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.