Senior Scrum Master
Leidos has an opportunity for a Scrum Master to coach an Agile team. The Scrum Master will help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement. The Scrum Master assists the Agile team in meeting their delivery goals and facilitates both team and program level events such as the Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo, and Retrospective while ensuring compliance with the program's processes.
The Scrum Master's responsibilities include ensuring that development teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitating meetings and decision-making processes, and eliminating team impediments.
To be successful as a Scrum Master, you should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding Scrum Master should have excellent interpersonal, time management, and problem-solving skills.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
• Coach the Agile team and program through Agile/Scrum ceremonies
• Guide the team on how to maximize self-organization
• Ensure the team is self-organizing
• Assess the Agile Maturity of the team and coach the team to contribute to relentless improvement of the overall program
• Remove impediments and coach the team to remove impediments
• Build and maintain a high performing team by improving team dynamics and coaching the team in self-management
• Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Assist with internal and external communication, improve transparency, and radiating information
• Support the Product Owner in managing the team backlog and foster a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or SAFe Scrum Master (SSM) certification
- 8+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or in a similar role.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to balance concurrent activities.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software development in an Agile or SAFe environment
- Ability to quickly build rapport and keep a positive and motivated team environment
- TS/SCI clearance required, with ability to obtain polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.