Senior Database Analyst
Leidos is hiring for a Senior Database Analyst!
The Leidos Civil team in Rockville, MD in support of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is looking to improve and advance the organization. Our program is focused on the delivery IT technology solutions, where we are challenged to provide ongoing innovative and seamless solution while providing support directly related to NRC's Human Resource (HR) workforce analytics.
The ideal candidate will be a member small Database team. Leidos is seeking a Senior Database Analyst to contribute to the mission of one of its support programs. In this assignment, the Sr. Database Analyst will focus on Data Analysis and Statistics Reporting and Market Research for OCHCO use of the Agency Financial systems. Work closely with the customer to provide data, data-driven decision making based on human resources processes. This position will be central in providing the metrics that can back up decisions regarding recruitment, employee performance, quality of human resource software, and other areas of HR, leading to improved business operations. Provide assistance with detailed HR (workforce analytics) and financial data using spreadsheet planning and dashboard-reporting tools to support various systems and HR strategic planning.
- Conduct analysis based on requirements provided by the user community.
- Analyze and produce report(s) using appropriate techniques for actual and predictive Human Resources and Financial data to support with staffing and spending plan analysis and present it based on criteria provided.
- Assist with developing and customizing dashboards and reports using the NRC’s MS Excel, Tableau Visual Analytics tool or MS PowerBI.
- Design conceptual and logical models for data warehouses.
- Update data models to meet new and changing business requirements.
- Map source system data to data warehouse models.
- Work collaboratively with Product Owners and Subject Matter Experts to identify and understand source data systems.
- Provide a feedback loop to advise on data standards in transaction systems that will lend better to long term analytic use of institutional data.
- Produce technical documentation such as designs, process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, decision trees, and data dictionaries.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
We offer meaningful and engaging, collaborative culture, and support your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work life balance. Are you ready to grow with us?
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in Rockville, MD (once temporary Pandemic remote work is over OR when asked to return to the office, needs to be able to visit work onsite at least 1-2 times or as needed).
- Advanced experience using Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate to advanced relational and dimensional data modeling, database design, and technical design skills.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL data integration and Data Visualization skills.
- Ability to translate needs analysis results into functional designs.
- Understanding of system analysis, business analysis, and requirements development and able to utilize such information in analyzing and solving complex problems.
- Demonstrated experience with providing Statistical Reporting.
- Experience analyzing data and experience with statistical methods.
- Demonstrated experience with Financial Systems.
- Demonstrated experience with Data and Business Analysis.
- Ability to clearly document requirements, specifications, and processes.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Strong written and verbal Communication Skills; Ability to write and deliver executive level summary communications.
- Detail Oriented.
- Must be able to obtain an NRC Public Trust Security Clearance prior to start (may take anywhere between 1-3 months).
- Due to contract requirements, U.S. Citizenship OR U.S. Permanent Residence is required.
- Requires Bachelors degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of relevant experience maybe accepted in lieu of degree.
- Knowledge and experience with using Competency Framework Models.
- Use of Data Analytics in HR (workforce analytics).
- Experience with Business Intelligence.
- Experience with reporting tools eg. MS PowerBI and Tableau.
- Exposure to Python and R.
- Project Management Experience.
- Experience with Financial Systems.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.