Senior Web Application Developer ( R-00079280 )
The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Web Application Developer for a program in San Diego, CA.
Product development includes tactical mobile development as well as enterprise web application development. The portfolio of products support the Cybersecurity and Information Assurance domains. These systems deploy a variety of technologies and communicate with infrastructure interfaces to bring secure, modern-day Cybersecurity and Cryptographic Key Management solutions to the warfighter.
The successful candidate will work on a mix of web service development, full stack web application development and robust persistence layer implementations in an Agile Scrum environment. This involves the use of Themes, Epics, User Stories, acceptance criteria and other system engineering artifacts as part of an Agile team. The candidate will be knowledgeable about (and apply) secure software development principles and techniques. He/she will use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation while supporting software reuse and refactoring. He/she will support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements. The candidate will interface with software engineers, system engineers, information assurance engineers, test engineers, quality assurance, and other project team members.
This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and can communicate with the development teams (including Leidos, subcontractors, and customer representatives) what is required to achieve this effectively on assigned tasks.
What you will like about this position…
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product suite and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
Education: BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. At least 12+ years of experience with software development / engineering, preferably in a web-based environment. Following are a list of required and preferred languages, frameworks and skillsets.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience in Scrum Methodology or other Agile environments (e.g., SAFe, XP)
- Experience with UI / Development Frameworks (E.g, AngularJS, Ionic, GWT, SmartGWT, Qt, React, Node.js)
- Experience with Automated Testing Tools/Technologies/Concepts (Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin, BDD)
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Works well in a team environment and has excellent written and communication skills
Preferred (some subset of the following):
- Experience with Web Services Architectures (REST, SOAP, AWS)
- Experience with Software CM (e.g., Git, GitHub)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Quality, and DevOps concepts and tools / technologies (e.g., Ant / Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, FishEye, Crucible, Gradle, Junit)
- Experience with Security Scanning (HP Fortify, HP WebInspect)
- Experience with Build Scripts (e.g., Maven, ANT)
- Experience with Mobile Application Development
- Experience with Eclipse IDE or similar (e.g., IntelliJ IDEA)
- Experience with Agile Management Tools and Concepts (e.g., VersionOne, JIRA, Rally, etc.)
- Experience with Web Server Configuration (e.g., JBOSS, Wildfly, Tomcat)
- Experience with Database Development (e.g., Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite, Oracle)
The right candidate will exhibit the following:
·Quality - demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
·Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
·Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
·Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
·Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
·Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
·Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.Pay Range: