Senior Java Developer ( 594815-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The role will be responsible for Design, development and support of a scalable platform to support Verizon's OTT (Over the top) content store. This platform allows Verizon customers to purchase OTT content and manage their subscriptions. The platform is also responsible for activating the subscriptions with OTT partners such as Disney+, Apple etc. via APIs.
- Design and development of programs with new integrations with OTT partners.
- Code delivery by working closely with vendor and offshore resources and align with timelines committed to our business clients and other stake holders.
- Support key product launches and retail events such as Iconic, Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- Ensure high performing, fault tolerant and self- healing architecture to support high traffic retail events.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Java/J2EE development experience in developing large world class solutions.
- Experience with J2EE application servers like WebSphere, Tomcat and Springboot.
- Knowledge of XML schemas, JIRA, Confluence, Git and Stash.
Even better if you have:
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Ten or more years of experience as a Software engineer.
- Demonstrates hands-on experience in the development and testing of high performing applications.
- Experience with Databases Cassandra and Oracle, MQs - Rabbit MQ, IBM MQ.
- Experience with API platforms such as APIGEE.
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Ability to handle medium to large complex programming tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience in authoring design documents Work with offshore development resources.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).