Senior Software Developer ( R-00084302 )
Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries. We have openings for Senior Software Developers to support Post Production Software Support (PPSS) and Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) engineering and technical services to the CECOM IEW&S Directorate Sensors and Mission Division (SMED) based in Aberdeen MD with operations located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.
We can provide a $5k sign on bonus and PTO upfront for this role.
Successful candidates will support our customer in creating capabilities and providing technical services, subject matter expertise, and software solutions and services for platforms such as the Long-Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System (LRAS3), Biometric Automated Toolset Army (BAT-A), Second Generation Forward Looking Infrared (2GF), Persistent Surveillance System Tethered (PSS-T), and Common Sensor Payload (CSP), Guardrail Common Sensor (GRCS), Enhanced Medium Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Tactical SIGINT Payload (TSP), Airborne Reconnaissance Low (ARL-E), Small Tactical Radar Lightweight (STARLite) and a full range of related Aerial Sensors Suite of Systems. This support is an essential in maintaining readiness for today’s modern platform sensor systems.
- Provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software systems, including, but not limited to application software, utility software, development software, and diagnostic software.
- Participates in the development of test strategies, devices, and systems. Solves engineering problems (or managing the solution of engineering problems) in the functional area to which assigned.
- Will be responsible for writing and maintaining source code, creating and maintaining software applications and applying frameworks involved in a software release.
- Duties include computer programming, documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved in a software release life cycle and resulting in a software product.
- Capable of working independently or in a team lead capacity to design, develop, and maintain software for a variety of sensor applications.
- Work with system engineers to understand their analytic or interface requirements. Develop tools and interfaces. Design, develop, and test operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software applications.
- Set operational specifications and formulate and analyze software requirements.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Five years of functional and management experience performing analysis and decomposition of high level user requirements into functional system, software and hardware requirements.
- Currently possess an active Secret and Top Secret eligibility
- Understanding and experience in the complete life-cycle of the software in military systems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% CONUS to support operational requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience working within matrixed teams.
- Experience with C#, C++, .net.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows (7 and 10.)
- Ability at generating software engineering documentation.
- Capable of working individually or in small teams.
- Familiarity with CECOM Software Engineering Center (SEC) Production Software Support (PPSS) &Post Deployment Software Support (PDSS) processes a plus.
- Familiar EMARSS family of systems.
- Familiarity with Virtual Machines (VMWare, etc.)
- Active Top Secret.
- Visual Basic, Visual Studio, Python, plug-in architectures.
- MicroFocus Caliber, MicroFocus Unified Functional Testing (UFT) (formerly known as HP QuickTest Professional (QTP)), Jira, Confluence, Perforce Helix ALM Git / GitHub repositories.
- Experience with WiX (Visual Studio tool) for building installers.
knowledge of VisualDSP++.
- Familiar with NITF/STANAG standards.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.