Senior Cybersecurity .NET Developer ( 605865-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This Principal Security Engineering role will serve as a lead for developing corporate information security API's to support processes in Verizon data centers and public cloud offerings such as AWS, Google, Oracle, and Azure.This is a senior level position, requiring the candidate to both be technically proficient in multiple domains of security as well as demonstrating the ability to partner and collaborate with internal and external teams to mature Verizon’s overall security posture.
This position will require interaction with a team of highly skilled software engineers with expertise in information security. In this role you will:
- Lead design and development efforts producing a highly scalable and robust Microservices solution needed to migrate legacy monolithic API solutions.
- Integrate security related processes and technologies supporting but not limited to Identity Management, Asset Management, Authentication, Authorization, Privileged Access Management, Access Provisioning, and Data Protection.
- Make decisions both autonomously and also with the counsel and support of the Senior Management and be expected to design and develop complex integration and automation technologies in partnership with peer Security Engineering & Integration teams.
- Partnering with peer Security teams, this role also requires that the necessary documentation and automation exists to allow operations to sustain the integration and automation at minimal total cost of ownership.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing RESTful API’s in .NET Framework 4.x and .NET Core 6x.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- Fifteen or more years of combined experience in IT, application development and support.
- Expert level C# skills and strong object-oriented background.
- Understanding of patterns and concepts like MVC, Repository, and Dependency Injection.
- Ability to work with Security API Gateways like APIGEE (OneAPI) or Ocelot.
- Familiarity with API Security tools like Fortify, 42Crunch, and OWASP.
- Expert level MSSQL / T-SQL skills and database development.
- Fifteen or more years of experience in Cybersecurity with highly scalable online transactional systems.
- Experience with Azure Devops, Azure functions, and Azure serverless concepts.
- Experience in managing access to critical systems and automation of provisioning processes.
- Experience in application development at large and complex Fortune100 Company.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and high stress situations.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Experience deploying security controls for threat detection and/or access management.
- Experience building large enterprise data warehousing solutions to manage security reporting.
- Experience developing home-grown application services including business requirements design.
- Understanding of CISSP concepts and security domains.
- Experience with legal and regulatory standards such as SOX/PCI.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills (technical and non-technical).
- Angular/Typescript Web UI Development Experience.
- MSSQL Reporting (SSRS) Experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.