Senior Java Developer - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum EveryCare Now Platform is evolving to meet enterprise-wide needs such as NavigateNow for virtual care across many user settings and contexts. This position will be part of a core virtual care technology team that is helping build the platform components for internal and external markets. This role will be support building components for the ongoing commitments and project deliverables. Additionally, the individual will organize the execution of various priorities and work with the team of teams on seamless launch. Without this role, streamlined execution may be impacted resulting in provider and patient abrasion, client dissatisfaction.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with Product owners to groom the user stories
- Work with architects to understand and contribute to the solution
- Develop software components
- Enable CI/CD pipeline for the software components, implement code coverage, unit tests, code scans
- Work with testing team to develop test scenarios and facilitate testing
- Fix production defects
- Collaborate with Global teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in. #DICE
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years Java development experience
- 3+ years of Type Script and/or Angular experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3+ years of experience working with RDBMS
- 2+ years of GraphQL APIs,
- 2+ years of Azure Cloud, Jenkins pipeline, Guthub,
- 2+ years of experience leading a team in technical capacity
- Technical skills - Java, GraphQL APIs, Type Script, Angular, Azure Cloud, Jenkins pipeline, Guthub, PostgesSQL, Full stack engineer
- Healthcare clinical background and experience working with HL7 messages
- Quick learner
- Ability to mentor/lead junior developers
- Candidate will work within and across scrum teams
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary/hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.