Senior Common Criteria Evaluator
The Leidos Common Criteria Evaluator in support of Common Criteria (CC) certifications performs initial assessment of security functions; consults in development of process, design, and test documentation; and conducts the evaluation of security products based on available documentation. An evaluator is able to work independently and performs assigned trusted product evaluation tasks in accordance with the CCTL technical procedures, within parameters (hours, schedule) specified by the lead evaluator. An evaluator shall have knowledge of IT security concepts, and familiarity with the CCTL technical procedures and the evaluation methodologies employed by the CCTL.
What You Will Get to Do:
- The selected candidate will work on varied computer security Common Criteria Evaluation and FIPS 140-2 validation projects
- General security analysis
- Design work (product architecture)
- Vulnerability testing
- Physical security testing
- System-level logical analysis
- Product evaluations against Technology Type standards (Protection Profiles)
- Cryptographic algorithm testing
- Is accountable for competently conducting product security assessments under the direction of the lead evaluator
- Maintains an ongoing dialogue with the lead evaluator about the status and conduct of security assessments
- Analyzes and clarifies customer requirements
- Executes certification effort schedules and test methods in accordance with NIAP, CC, and CEM
- Understands and complies with test methods and procedures
- Reports details of all nonconforming work and supplies that prohibit the accurate conduct of security assessments (observation reports)
You Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Knowledge of cryptographic encryption algorithms, key exchange algorithms, hashing/message authentication algorithms, PKI, random number generators, etc.
- Experience with various programming languages (C, C++, Python or Java) and development environments.
- Ability to comprehend security standard requirements and apply them to products.
- Experience setting up networks and familiarity with subnetting and routing concepts.
- Knowledge of common security related protocols and their design (i.e. SSH, IPsec, TLS, etc.).
- Experience building testing environments, performing testing and reporting results (technical writing).
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Strong multitasking and time management.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with statistical analysis of entropy sources.
- Knowledge of OpenSSL and/or OpenPGP.
- Vulnerability Analysis and/or penetration testing experience/expertise.
- Strong knowledge of computer security principles and best practices.
- Strong English (both oral and written) skills.
- Related certifications (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE, JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE).
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Linux.
- Hands on experience using tools such as an oscilloscope, function generator, multi-meter, signal generator, etc.
- Knowledge of X.509 certificate validation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Require BS degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience in order to operate within the scope contemplated by the level.Pay Range: