Senior JAVA Developer
Amentum is seeking a Senior Java Developer to support our customers from the Department of Justice located near Washington, DC. You will be part of our growing software team designing, developing, and testing a vast array of systems.
You're eager to solve complex challenges, work in a fast-passed environment, and mentor junior engineers. You possess excellent communication skills as the position requires direct interaction with customer and engineer personnel of varying technical levels across different functions. The work requires the ability use source code repository, such as GitHub; CI/CD orchestration tools, such as AWS CloudFormation, AWS CloudPipeline, Jenkins, GitLab; Jenkins; Build tools, such as Maven; Static code analysis tools, such as SonarQube; and standard automated testing tools, such as Selenium.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support activities to our BOP client that includes:
- Working collaboratively in an Agile Team with BOP against a prioritized backlog of feature requests
- Leveraging the CI/CD pipelines to provide consistent and repeatable provisioning
- Addressing end user expectations for usability and process flow
- Creating builds and running automated Junit tests
- Using test-driven development and pair-programming techniques
- Providing demos to both internal teams and BOP product owners.
Here at Amentum, we believe in fostering a sense of belonging. We welcome diversity, encourage growth and development, promote safety first, and believe curiosity is the spark for innovation. We take care of our employees who in turn take care of our customers, driving the success of our business.
- Bachelor's of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline (i.e. Computer Science or Information Systems) and 5-7 years’ experience or the equivalent of fifteen (15) years of a demonstrated knowledge base and subject matter expertise relevant to the job responsibilities. Experience must include:
- Object-Oriented Design (5 years)
- Java/J2EE web application development (5 years)
- Framework knowledge: Struts 2; Hibernate; Spring (5 years)
- HTTP/HTTPS, XML, XML Schemas, XSLT, JSON, SOAP, RESTful, and related technologies (5 years)
- Experience with Agile Development methods
- Due to the nature of the work, U.S. citizenship required.
- Requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoJ NACI/T1 prior to start.
- Familiarity with lifecycle management tools (e.g. codeBeamer)
- Familiarity with DevOps pipelines (i.e. Jenkins)
- Familiarity with static code analysis tools (e.g. SonarQube, Fortify)