Senior Android Device Developer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Device Management Team at Verizon Consumer Group's TracFone Wireless Business Unit is responsible for the end-to-end technology lifecycle of devices and mobile apps. Mobile Apps comprise of pre-loaded, PLAY and APP Store apps that are either internally developed or vendor sourced. The Device Technology Management comprises of working with latest Android and iOS devices during the entire development process and managing them through their MR/SMR iterations. This role will be the technical interface between assigned pre-loaded app vendors, and device manufacturers. Develop and release production quality software for Tracfone's apps to vendor OEMs.
- Primarily perform Software Release Management of all software releases with various handset versions.
- Maintain a living database of all devices shipped, with software versions corresponding to respective application pre-load versions.
- Establish and maintain pre-load timelines with various OEM manufacturers, and streamline application adoption across devices.
- Technical experiencefor TracFone technology and services.
- Review and establish procedures for publishing incremental TracFone signed apps preloaded in devices as a PLAY Store, or a Digital update.
Where you'll be workingy...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in managing Android Software Releases.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science.
- Experience with TracFone systems or processes.
- Expert knowledge of Android AOSP, GMS Builds, Google PLAY Store application policies, and Google Mobile Bundled Application policies.
- Expert knowledge on Android architecture, CTS suites.
- Work with developing Android apps on phones.
- Experience certifying applications / devices via Google, and Carrier required.
- Experience releasing applications on Android to the GOOGLE PLAY store, and other third-party stores.
- Experience with adb, Android Studio, and GIT required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to understand architectures and designs of app vendors and articulate Tracfone’s requirements.
- Experience implementing one or more of the following Google Services in apps, Firebase products, Analytics, Maps, in app purchase, search.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.