Senior Report Developer and Analyst, Provider Service Operations - Telecommute
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You believe data can help reshape the future, and you find yourself loving the thrill of driving meaningful change among the business with data insights and analysis. At UnitedHealth Group, you'll find an organization that will recognize those talents and have lots of growth potential. Here, you will be empowered, supported and encouraged to use your expertise to help change the future of health care. Does the challenge intrigue you?
As a key member of the Operations Performance Oversight, Provider Issue Resolution Reporting Team, you will be part of UnitedHealth Group's mission of helping people live healthier lives. As a Senior Report Developer & Analyst, you will be challenged to conduct and assist operations with business outcomes that include analyzing, reviewing, trending, and presenting information for operational performance steering and business planning. You’ll work directly operational leaders to support short and long term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational reporting and dashboards. You will assist operations to develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes. You will be challenged to understand new data systems, creating data updates and automation to drive consistency for operational and business planning. As part of this team, you will be empowered to impact the health care system through the analysis and interpretation of data, and presenting recommendations for business solutions. Join us! There's never been a better time to do your life's best work.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Solution, develop, consult, and support operational analysis needs
- Build comprehensive operational Tableau tools to measure client, program, process, and staff performance
- Support environment of collaboration with others, remaining flexible to changing business needs, and is accountable to others with action items and deliverables
- Learn operational documentation and available data for reporting and ad - hoc needs
- Work with business partners to create business metrics and performance indicators
- Create reporting or give insights on operational processes to highlight opportunities to business partners for more accurate documentation and reporting
- Help establish solid relationships and a deep understanding of ops teams, their needs, and the clients they serve in regular touch points and meetings
Job Scope and Guidelines:
- Builds, supports, enhances, and maintains reports, dashboards, and data insight tools
- Assesses and interprets customer needs and requirements
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Consults and guide others on reporting, data, and analysis practices
- Organized but willing to adjust direction when necessary
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years experience using data to highlight opportunities, analyzing that data to create insights and actionable recommendations through actively collaboration with operational partners
- 5+ years of experience working with data systems, data querying, report building, analysis generation with a solid understanding of relational databases, database structures, and Business Intelligence (BI) tools
- 3+ years of writing TSQL for data querying and reporting purposes
- Solid experience building Tableau Dashboards and Reports
- Bachelor's or higher in Business, Finance, or MIS & Technology Related fields
- 1+ years of experience Building Alteryx Workflows
- Experience in a Health Insurance Industry including Commercial Business, Medicaid, Medicare, or the HealthCare/Medical Industry in general
- Experience with Claims based operations, call center, and back-office operations
- Experience working within a large, matrix organization
- Excellent communication, relationship development, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to research data need scope and reporting feasibility, directing partners supplying data feasibility scope
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Ability to work with less structured, more complex issues
- Ability to balance competing priorities and prioritize based on highest value to organization and need
- Ability to communicate analysis in writing and verbally, including trends and opportunities to business partners at all levels of the organization
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.