Senior Software Developer - Telecommute
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Software Developer will have a strong technical background in SQL Server who has extensive knowledge in designing, developing, testing and maintaining data and ETL applications. This position develops supports, maintains, enhances, and documents applications for WellMed Medical Management. This position creates and follows best practices to ensure quality code development.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyzes, develops, and implements integration enhancements for end users.
- Performs all tasks in the development life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, and testing
- Supports existing solutions including developing fixes as necessary and providing support for complex issues
- Gathers, understands, and documents user requirements and technical specifications. Follows all software requirements development standards
- Utilizes available programming methodologies and languages and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation
- Creates and helps maintain technical and end-user documentation for new and existing applications
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related, technical field (4+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- Three years of experience in SQL with extensive knowledge in design, development, testing, and maintaining data and ETL applications.
- Development experience with demonstrated proficiency in designing complex stored procedures and functions in SQL Server
- Three years of experience in developing SSIS packages
- High proficiency in SQL Server and Visual Studio
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technology, software, and system solutions
- Development experience using .NET and C#.
- Experience working in a Medicare, Health Plan or Physician Group environment
- Healthcare industry experience - focus Finance/Accounting/HCE (Health Care Economics)
- Experience working with Web Services, XML, and XSLT
- Experience with Cloud technologies
- Experience with established peer review and quality assurance processes and willingness to lead such activities
- Ability and proven experience documenting application program code (technical documentation) and application functionality (end-user documentation for business users)
- Ability to review, critique, and perform analysis and design of systems and/or programs
- Ability to generate and test program code utilizing Microsoft technologies
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.