Senior Engineer Application Developer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Senior Engineer Application Developer you will be responsible for the delivery and day-to-day operation of Revenue Assurance (RA) applications for Verizon Wireless. You will be working with an energetic and talented group of professionals who continuously raise the bar for system performance, customer satisfaction through innovative design develop and automate to streamline the workflow to reduce the fallouts and revenue leakages.
- Developing and supporting Wireless Revenue and Cost assurance application for all the Vendor partners and automate the fallouts and correction process as applicable.
- Attending daily/weekly/monthly project impacting calls and other status calls to understand and transform them into requirements /user stories and develop the same.
- Communicating regularly with the supervisor and respective business stakeholders on the projects, security, infrastructure and support-related activities.
- Detecting and resolving issues in a proactive manner before they can impact the platform and/or customer.
- Building data flows and ER diagrams of all components to identify manual interruptions and develop automation using standard open sources and DevOps model.
Where you’ll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in wireless ordering, billing, and network provisioning systems to define control points.
- Experience in Oracle PLSQL, structured and un-structured databases (Oracle, Hadoop).
- Experience in identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in Python, Web applications (Java, J2EE, Groovy, Camel, Spring 4 and Hibernate technologies).
- Experience in Cloud statistical tools for data analytics and predictive techniques.
- Experience in development and implementation of identified process improvement opportunities, proposed system modification, and automation on fallout reports.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.