Senior Business Intelligence Developer -Hybrid
Optum, the fast-growing part of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business. Our teams are dedicated to modernizing the health care system and improving the lives of people and communities.
Serving virtually every dimension of the health system, we work with a diverse set of clients across 150 countries from those who diagnose and treat patients to those who pay for care, deliver health services, and those who supply the cures. Optum maintains operations across North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our innovative partnerships provide technology and tools that enable unprecedented collaboration and efficiency. As a result, we can tap into valuable health care data to uncover insights and develop strategies for better care at lower costs.
About the role:
Do you want to impact decisions to help people live healthier lives? Are you an innovative Business Intelligence developer who thrives on developing new solutions to solve tough challenges?
We want to achieve more in our mission of healthcare, and so we have to be really smart about the business of healthcare. At Optum, we're changing the landscape of our industry. You will put your Business Intelligence skills to work as you empower business partners and team members to improve healthcare delivery.
Our Business Intelligence team are responsible for developing cutting-edge solutions and developing industry leading reports by leveraging data visualization best practices and modern technologies, while working with our Data Science and Data Engineering teams to continue developing a new, big data analytic platform that will support advanced machine learning models to improve health outcomes for our members.
With this role you must make solid recommendations based on analysis and provide explanations to our internal customers. You must be self-directed and creative as you will deal with some very interesting and complex issues. As a key resource to others, you must maintain a high degree of accuracy along with attention to detail, excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to always meet deadlines.
- Working collaboratively with business partners, SMEs, and BAs to ensure a shared understanding of business requirements
- Creating wireframes to explore and confirm business requirements
- Planning and managing the ingestion of source data into the big data analytic platform
- Developing new ETL processes and data structures that are efficient, well structured, maintainable, and easy to understand
- Building performant and user-friendly dashboards while adhering to style guides and UI best practices
- Manage implementation of reporting enhancements and changes
- Maintaining both technical and user documentation
- Complying with design and coding standards, policies, and procedures
- Communicating with various functional areas and translating technical concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Leveraging new technologies to drive innovation in BI & Analytics
You will be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role, as well as providing development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Strong experience with Data Visualization / Dashboard tools (e.g. Tableau) experience performing data analysis and report development
- Strong SQL experience, including experience with various database technologies (e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2)
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, database structures and design, systems design, and data management
- Experience with data blending tools (e.g. Alteryx)
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, influence, collaboration and listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely in writing and orally to individuals and groups
- Knowledge of DevOps tools, including JIRA & Git
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Understanding of HIVE, SPARK, and components within big data architecture
- Programming experience e.g. Python
- Great core design skills: ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and colour
- Tableau certification
- Exposure to Machine Learning models / projects
- Experience working with healthcare analytical products or datasets
Please note you must currently be eligible to work and remain indefinitely without any restrictions in the country to which you are making an application. Proof will be required to support your application.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.