SAP Senior ABAP/RICE Developer
As an IBM Application Architect, you directly help clients transform their business and solve complex problems. You will define the scope and vision for projects that deliver customized solutions using your knowledge of IBM platforms. You are a technical leader, serving as a liaison among business partners, technical resources, and project stakeholders.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Senior ABAP/RICE Developer, you will serve as the principal technical expert on complex and challenging information technology projects. You may be assigned as team leader on tasks of various technical disciplines or may work alone or as part of a team of Developers. You will be responsible for design and development of computer software applications and/or database systems, evaluation of computer hardware and software, planning for communications and information requirements, system test, and system security. You will provide consulting experience during early planning and conceptual stages of large, complex projects. You may participate in any phase of major projects from problem definition through problem resolution, and from feasibility analysis through project implementation. You will frequently support several tasks concurrently and evaluate problems of workflow, organization, and planning. You will then develop appropriate corrective actions and prepare and perform presentations at technical interchange meetings and project design reviews. You will need to report both orally and in writing to the Program Manager, Project Manager, contractor management, and government representatives. In the absence of the Program Manager or Project Manager, you may serve as the Contractor's authorized interface with the Contracting Officer's Representative/Technical Representative (COR/COTR), government management personnel, and agency representatives.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 10 years of technical and strategic experience of increasing responsibility providing software engineering, planning, design, analysis, and developing complex software models and applications across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently based on the strategic plan or under general direction.
- Must be able to effectively employ contemporary project management tools and serve as team consultant.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments.
- Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments.
- A minimum of a DoD Secret Clearance required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a recognized technical, engineering, scientific, managerial, business, or other discipline related to area of expertise; an Associate’s Degree paired with 2 years of documented relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Federal government experience desired (DoD experience preferred)
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM