Eaton’s Corporate Sector division is currently seeking a Senior Economist.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $101250.0 - $148500.0 a year.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
Eaton’s Corporate Sector is currently seeking a Senior Economist to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, OH location, relocation will be provided for candidates who do not live within a 50 mile radius of Beachwood, OH. Flexible work solutions from Beachwood, OH available.
The primary function of the senior economist role is to support and inform Eaton’s senior leadership. The senior economist will examine Eaton end market and economic data from varied sources, staying up-to-date with global macroeconomic developments. The senior economist will assess these data and developments, then forecast Eaton end market and macroeconomic performance. This analysis will be shared with Eaton’s chief economist and senior leadership. The senior economist will develop expertise in the coverage of relevant Eaton end market and geographies.
• Analyze and forecast Eaton end markets and macroeconomies, providing key inputs to Eaton’s corporate financial planning process.
• Maintain and develop end market and macroeconomic forecasting models.
• Regularly create and deliver reports and presentations regarding relevant end market and macroeconomic developments to senior leadership.
• Drive Eaton’s businesses by fostering relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders and functions throughout the company.
• Inform Eaton strategy by assessing the impact of global megatrends, especially electrification, energy transition, digitalization, infrastructure spending, and reindustrialization.
• Assist with corporate development activities, including analyzing potential acquisition targets and their markets.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Minimum of a bachelors degree in economics, finance, business, or a related field required.
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in business economics, economic forecasting, equity research, market analysis, or a similar field.
• Minimum of 2 years in either manufacturing end market and/or macroeconomic analysis.
• Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
• Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking skills.
• Effective communication and presenting skills.
• Solid understanding of economic, financial market, industrial market, and government data.
• Experience in the electrical, aerospace, vehicle, or another manufacturing industry.
• Advanced MS Excel knowledge/skillset.
• Demonstrated understanding of an econometric and/or statistical software package, like EViews.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-[Register to View] to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.