Senior User Interface
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Collaborates with data and reporting analysts, user researchers, and testers to refine UI configurations and report layouts. Collaborates with users to understand application needs, requirements, and pain points to develop mockups and validate report layouts with users. Interfaces with the Innovation Hub within the program cadence to identify value-adding system improvements that help enhance the end UX.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of experience evaluating user requirements and organizational processes and policies for designing easy-to-use interfaces for applications and web
- 8+ years of experience applying aesthetics, corporate/Agency branding, flows and sitemaps, storyboards, mobile/desktop wireframes, graphical interface elements, and high-fidelity interactive prototypes to create engaging, effective interfaces
- 5 years of expertise adhering to plain language content guidelines and creating designs that use the United States Web Design System (USWDS) and, when applicable, aligning with the Government’s design system
- 3 years of expertise in finding human-first design solutions for pain points early in the process and implementing logic at each stage
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- CERTIFICATIONS • Google UX Design, NN/g, and/or CIW User Interface Designer Certification a plus
- Able to obtain HSPD-12 suitability
- Federal Agency experience desirable
- GSA experience desirable • Experience on ASSIST or other systems that interface with ASSIST is desirable
- Practical knowledge applying Agile SAFe framework and methodology to include the HIP sprint
- Ensures compliance with GSA Section 508 and accessibility guidelines and requirements"
- Security clearance: United States - MBI
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
Being You @ IBM