Senior Remote Sensing Scientist ( R-00031302 )
Looking for work-life balance? Leidos offers generous leave and accommodating flex-time to help you juggle your personal and professional life.
Want to be a part of an elite team where our innovative technical solutions are delivered to customers that advance the state of the art while addressing long-term problems of importance to national security? Imagine…this could be you! At our Leidos' Multi-Spectrum Warfare Research and Analytics Systems (MSWRAS) Division, an organization in the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC), we are looking for you, our next Senior Scientist who specializes in remote sensing data analytics. Join our team of Ph.D. level peers in designing and developing advanced technology-based solutions for contract research and development projects working in our Arlington, VA office.
Fun roles you will have in this job:
- Show us your successful, proven, and demonstrable experience leading cross-discipline teams in the development and integration of software-based solutions for competitive, contract-based applied research programs
- Use your experience in designing solutions for competitively-sourced proposals
- Form teams composed of industry, small businesses, and academic-based partners for contract R&D programs and direct teams of research scientists (including research scientists with backgrounds in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and embedded systems) in the design of sub-components, integration platforms, and testing and research validation methodologies and techniques
- Contribute to the business aspects of contract management and project execution
- Work within the MSWRAS Division and across LInC, performing basic and applied contract research and development projects both leading and working under the guidance of fellow researchers
- Take on the challenges of processing, interpreting and analyzing large volumes of data collected by remote sensing platforms but may also include other types of phenomenological data such as field measurements, or weather data
- Blend your research and operational experience in order to apply approaches to the problem of recognition in complex environments given varying degrees of quality of data
- Independently design and undertake new research as well as partner in a team environment across organizations
- Develop topics for creative and innovative R&D approaches to solving major remote sensing analytics challenges and work with potential sponsors (customers or internal champions) to secure funding for new research efforts based on those topics
- Lead teams of fellow researchers, data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to execute complex R&D programs
- Design and implement secure, scalable, and fault-tolerant solutions across a distributed architecture, with the objective of researching and developing technical approaches, especially deep learning, applicable across multiple domains
You will be successful in this role if you have these skills:
- Master’s Degree in engineering, computer science, data science, or a related discipline, such as statistics or applied mathematics with at least 15 years of specialized experience innovating analytical techniques and performing analytical functions using machine learning libraries or other approaches.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance and eventually a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Track record of relevant publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Experience in one or more subfields of ML or AI: Computer Vision; Pattern Recognition; Predictive Modeling and Decision Support; Reduced Order Modeling.
- Strong data analysis skills and extensive experience with developing and prototyping algorithms in Python and/or Matlab.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art methods coupled with the creativity and intelligence to advance beyond them.
- Leadership abilities necessary to lead projects.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- TS/SCI clearance
- PhD dissertation in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence with publication track record
- Prior experience as a project lead, preferably as PI
- Familiarity with existing deep learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, Spark, Theano, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, Keras, Caffe, Nvidia Digits) and collaboration environments (e.g. Jupyter notebooks, PyCharm)
- Prior experience with many of the following models: Deep Learning (CNNs, RCNNs, LSTMs), GANs, Autoencoders, Reinforcement Learning, Siamese Networks, Logistic Regression, Linear Regression, Support Vector Machines, Hidden Markov Models, Conditional Random Fields, Latent Dirichlet Allocation
- Experience in deploying models and optimizing performance on GPUs and other specialized HW.
External Referral Eligible