Senior Underwriter, Technology (339023)
Technology Senior Commercial Property and Casualty Underwriter
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
We are looking for a strategic and dynamic Underwriter to partner with the Commercial Manager and distribution network to profitably grow the Minneapolis Retail (MN, ND, SD, WI) Technology book of business.
Responsible for the profit, growth and fostering of internal and external relationships of a Technology book within assigned branch/territory. Directly accountable for the middle market P&C branch underwriting operation and results, including driving new business production and retention efforts for all Technology P&C lines of business which are managed locally or at a underwriting center.
Specific responsibilities include:
- P&L - Accountability (premium, profitability, growth, retention, and expense plans/results) for Technology business serviced within assigned branch(es);
- Portfolio Management/LOB - Direct profit and loss responsibility for field (middle market) business; coordination, agency management, and production responsibility across Information Network Technology (INT) product portfolio.
- Underwriting Strategy Execution - Manages execution of new middle market underwriting growth strategy and renewal underwriting strategy for assigned branch(es)
- Technical UW/Referral Resource - In collaboration with Product, serves as technical resource for referrals and underwriting authority.
- Quality Assurance - Monitors underwriting quality.
- Marketplace Focus - Develop opportunities particular to the marketplace and provide customized approaches on market conditions and agency needs.
- Marketing Strategy and Execution - Works closely with Field Operations and CI Manager on development and execution of marketing strategy and coordinates marketing and production activities within assigned branch(es) for entire portfolio of Technology business.
- Working with professional lines to strengthen core product offering while driving retention and growth.
- Business Development - Directs business development activities and provides guidance for implementing sales and/or product launches.
- Producer Management: -Primary responsibility for managing regional/local producer plant; responsible for cohesive and consistent agency management strategies across assigned locations. Facilitates product education/appetite; serves as point person for key local producer relationships.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Understanding of Technology products and appetite
- Strong understanding of field distribution plant (broker, regional, independent agents)
- Strong technical/underwriting skills
- Advanced marketing and sales skills
- Builds Strategic Relationships
- Drives Customer Focus
- Demonstrates Agility
- Drives Execution
- Exerts Operational Decision Making
- Exhibits Skillful Communication
Note: Based on individual candidate experience level and responsibilities may be modified.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.