Senior Software Developer ( R-00067813 )
Are you ready to take on a challenge in helping protect the U.S. through Missile Defense? Leidos has opportunities now for bright people looking for meaningful and innovative work.
The work includes trade studies, system engineering, model based system engineering, portfolio analysis, software development demonstration and product testing and deployment to Cheyenne Mountain. Leidos is focused on finding the best people, processes, and tools that will provide solutions in data integration and fusion, data analytics, data mining, predictive analytics, data visualization, and decision support tools.
- Act as the Software Development Lead
- Take Trade Study analysis and write code for message traffic into formats that can be ingested into and improve the overall CCIC2S environment
- Develop understanding of requirements and develop interface software capabilities of new data source feeds
- Support ability to perform spiral demonstrations on progress of capabilities development and preparation for transition and deployment to live environment
- Analyze coding and determine multiple courses of action to improve data source feed integration capabilities
- Lead efforts to build, conduct and garner approval for proposed software development efforts
- Provide in-depth knowledge of intent for software development post demonstration
- Work with System Engineering Team to schedule, synchronize and execute demonstration capabilities to customers
- Develop coding for software, bugs and fixes to ensure adequate capability for system to deploy into a live environment
- Work with third-party contractors and stakeholders on any potential regression coding due to deployment delays
- Bachelor’s with eight (8) years of experiene; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Experience in coding C++ and Java scripts, runtime and web logic
- Currently possess a Secret clearance
- Experience with missile warning and missile warning defense
- Understanding of missile warning message types
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Office applications
- Master's degree in associated field
- Experience with the Agile software development process IAW USG defined requirements
- Experience with MatLab
- Past experience in Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), Global Data Integration (GDI), or other key missile defense programs or areas