Pega Senior Developer ( 580957-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The work you'll be doing will support mission and business-critical applications within Verizon. You will be part of a Pega Community of Practice and will be driving Omni and Customer Centric experiences. You will develop extensive understanding and experience delivering solutions within large enterprise systems framework and solutions for key business KPIs.
- Developing highly efficient, reliable and scalable solutions using Pega technologies.
- Executing full software development life cycle (SDLC) – concept, design, build, deploy, test, release and support.
- Ensuring application development sprint cycle is on track and adjusting the plan to meet release timelines.
- Displaying excellent collaboration within and between various teams.
- Understanding the domain knowledge and adapting to an agile environment.
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Applying complex algorithms when developing systems and applications to deliver business functions or architectural components.
What we’re looking for...
You are curious about new technologies and the possibilities they create. You are driven and motivated, with good communication and analytical skills and thrive in dynamic work environment with different stakeholders/architects/business clients across large enterprise systems. You are great at working in teams and can use your interpersonal skills to get your point across. You are able to take decisions and showcase ownership of your deliverables.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Pega Certification- CSA & CSSA.
- Four years of experience designing PRPC applications including gathering of requirements, formulating design of Class structure, Rules Sets structure, Organization structure, identification of Properties and design of Flows based on the requirements, Integration & Queues.
- Knowledge of PEGA Guardrails.
- Experience with Java and Oracle technologies.
- Experience using debugging tools like PAL and Tracer.
- Experience with Automated Unit testing.
- Experience understanding of Agile process.
- Experience designing and collaborating with senior design/architects.
- Experience with the tying of metrics with business requirements and looking at customer experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience working in at least one complete medium to large scale enterprise Pega project.
- Experience with Agile Scrum / SmartBPM practices and methodology.
- Experience in Flows, Activities and User Interfaces.
- Knowledge of PRPC Best Practices, Estimation, Task Scheduling, Risk Assessment, IT Quality Practices.
- Experience on pega User interface, rule models, DSM, Process Models, Web Service,LDAP setups, Connectors and knowledge of Single sign-on models.
- Worked on PRPC versions of seven and above, Knowledge on Pega customer service.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Verizon is committed to maintaining a Total Rewards package which is competitive, valued by our employees, and differentiates us as an Employer of Choice.
- We are a ‘pay for performance’ company and your contribution is rewarded through competitive salaries, performance-based incentives and an employee Stock Program. We create an opportunity for us all to share in the success of Verizon and the value we help to create through this broad-based discretionary equity award program.
- Your benefits are market competitive and delivered by some of the best providers.
- You are provided with a full spectrum of health and wellbeing resources, including a first in-class Employee Assistance Program, to empower you to make positive health decisions.
- We offer generous paid time off benefits to help you manage your work life balance and opportunities for flexible working arrangements*.
- Verizon provides training and development for all levels, to help you enhance your skills and develop your career, from funding towards education assistance, award-winning training, online development tools and access to industry research.
- You will be able to take part in volunteering opportunities as part of our environmental, community and sustainability commitment.
Your benefits package will vary depending on the country in which you work.
*subject to business approval
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).