Senior Software Developer ( 584339-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Join Verizon as we continue to expand our industry-leading network to improve the ways people, businesses, and things connect. Verizon is positioned to lead the “Fourth Industrial Revolution” (4IR) with the emergence of technologies like our best-in-class 5G network and the Internet of Things (IoT) to impact a wide variety of industries such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, public safety, government, and many others. We are in the midst of historic breakthroughs in connectivity and mobility to blend the physical and the digital through cutting-edge technologies such as virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, nanotechnologies, 3D printing, wearables, and advanced robotics. As part of this team, you will play a critical role in our network transformation through building a unified network across all lines of business and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of our customers connected.
In this role as a System Performance Engineer you will be supporting the cross functional teams launching and optimization 5G, optimizing the 4G network and you will be producing data reports to address the network and customer issues with a sense of urgency.
- Supporting database administration and security review process for an Oracle Database and Linux & Windows Virtual Machines (VM). Comply with company’s policies and security standards.
- Using APIs and SQL to retrieve and post data from multiple sources.
- Creating reports for key performance indicators (KPIs) on a daily basis - Reliability, Accessibility, Audio Quality & Data Throughput for 4G and 5G.
- Implementing automated reports using scripts to evaluate Network KPIs & impact on the customer experience.
- Using various homegrown data sources and 3rd party tools to troubleshoot performance degradation or customer issues, identify the root cause and propose short term & long term solutions.
- Driving new process improvements, reports and tools and making best practices available to the territory and HQ teams.
- Analyzing data (parameters, KPIs, site configuration) across the Radio Access & Core Networks.
- Monitoring daily data loads and fix the ones that aren’t working. The ability to track down problems to their source is critical.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), Web Services & automation via scripting.
- Knowledge of wireless networks from the RF Design and Optimization point of view.
- Oracle SQL experience.
- Scripting experience in Python, bash, java, R, Windows batch & PowerShell.
- Website: Simple PHP with the Bootstrap library experience.
- Git experience.
- Willingness to work some nights.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree.
- Ability to perform big data analysis.
- Ability to troubleshoot to resolve issues and seamlessly adjust to a dynamic, changing business environment.
- Organizational time management, prioritization and project planning skills.
- High attention to detail and the ability to automate data.
- Experience in System Performance and RF (4G LTE & 5G NR) - familiar with parameters and KPI monitoring.
- Experience with scripting for ENM-OSS Ericsson & Samsung hardware.
- Mapping data using Google Earth, Tableau, ArcGIS or Mapinfo.
- Experience applying Machine and Deep Learning models.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).