Senior Java Developer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Application Security Tools Team plays a critical role in providing key security capabilities to the application security organization & application development teams across GTS in support of security and privacy mandates. The team focuses on technical capabilities and innovation to deliver effective problem solutions and process enhancements. We develop stand-alone solutions for security needs, custom solutions to enhance the effectiveness of vendor security products and automation solutions to support application security and application development teams.
The ASTT team is seeking a Senior Full Stack developer with strong technical, communication and leadership skills. You will be responsible for development of new features and enhancing existing capabilities providing full software lifecycle development including architecture, design, development, implementation, enhancement and maintenance. You will interact with teams across the enterprise - other application security teams and application development teams - as well as vendors providing security tools.
- Develop and test Java application software to modify existing architecture, or implement new architecture and make necessary changes to the system interfaces utilizing Verizon’s DevOps source and object code libraries and configuration management procedures.
- Conform to existing industry and Verizon security coding standards adhering to fortify scan and other security tool review requirements.
- Provide code review, and documentation in support thereof, for code inspection reviews as part of the DevOps software packaging and deployment lifecycle.
- Setup and integrate software applications and provide post-rollout application support.
- Implement DevOps pipeline automation in support of a secure development lifecycle.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with JDBC and Oracle DB/SQL.
- Experience with XML/JSON and developing REST services.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience with relational database design/development skills (SQL Server, PL/SQL, Oracle).
- Experience with Eclipse and JUnit tools.
- Experience running application environments on Windows / Linux / Mac OS.
- Web site security knowledge.
- Knowledge of industry secure coding standards to prevent common vulnerabilities such as SQL Injections, Cross Site Scripting, Open Redirect and other secure coding standards.
- Agile software development practices.
- Experience with MVC based web frameworks & frontend frameworks such as Angular & React.
- Asynchronous Web Design Patterns.
- Secure development practices.
- Industry related certifications.
- DevOps lifecycle experience, Jenkins tool authoring.
- Experience with Gitlab for version control & build tools such as Maven.
- Experience with Docker & Kubernetes.
- Experience with AWS cloud services.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).