Senior Developer - Java ( 587236-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The work you’ll be doing will support mobile applications that allow our customers to manage their accounts through self-service, shop for new services and monitor their usage. When these applications are working well, they are an important part of the overall customer experience. You’ll lead projects, code, and develop the APIs and SDKs to integrate all that we do with our internal and external clients and OEMs. You will collaborate with various internal teams on new technologies to make it easy for our customers to do business with us.
- Lead multiple projects using on-site and off-shore resources to maintain and develop applications for both enterprise releases and smaller maintenance releases.
- Identify and align project requirements and conduct impact analyses.
- Work closely with the business team, 3rd party vendors, and other internal IT teams to deliver projects on time.
- Perform hands-on coding, work on projects to introduce new modular, reusable Service/API or enhancing the existing ones.
- Perform engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, and development of computer hardware, firmware, embedded systems, and/or operating systems.
This role will be based out of one of the locations listedin the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You are curious about new technology and the possibilities it creates. You enjoy working collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment to analyze and creatively solve complex problems. You want to transform the way we work on the inside to improve the experience we deliver on the outside.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in application development using JAVA, Spring Boot, REST APIs, IDEs, Oracle / Postgres / MySQL / ElasticSearch.
- Experience with CI/CD tool using JIRA, GIT, Jenkins
- Experience with all phases of the software development lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Experience working with development methodologies like Agile & Scrum.
Even better if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Experience in designing and building large enterprise scale software solutions.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development and agile methodology.
- Knowledge in AWS and cloud platforms.
- Experience in Full stack development using React and Micro services.
- Server experience, like Tomcat, WebLogic,
- Experience with tools such as Eclipse, JPA, Hibernate, Ant, Maven, Rational Rose, RAD, or Jersey.
- UNIX / Linux platform experience with shell scripting.
- Scripting languages such as HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery, Shell, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience with automation tools, continuous integration and delivery tools
- Experience in working and coordinate across geographically diverse software development teams.
- Strong communication skills including technical writing and presentation.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).