Senior Java Developer ( R-00073473 )
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Java Developer for Baltimore location. The Senior Java Developer shall have extensive experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. The candidate will have prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. The candidate will have the ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using standard design tools.
The candidate will demonstrate design experience and be willing to challenge other team member’s designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback. The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
Day to Day Responsibilities
Find your “Why” with us!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Design and develop applications from the functional requirements.
- Design and develop key application components as microservices by adapting the Twelve-Factor Application Methodology using Spring Boot, Java and RESTful architecture.
- Create POCs, templates for developing Behavior Driven Development (BDD) test framework for the APIs using Cucumber, Gherkin, and Java.
- Develop Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) based Web Services using Web Service Technologies and Security such as JAX-WS Web Services, WS-Security, IBM Data Power, Web Services-Interoperability (WS-I), Message Transmission optimization Mechanism (MTOM), or SOAP with Attachments (SWA), Apache Axis and Web Service Definition Language (WSDL).
- Develop and maintain Enterprise Java Batch application using Java Specification Request (JSR) 352 specification and schedule java batch jobs using Control-M.
- Develop Data Access Layer (DAO) to interface the application with IBM DB2 9.0 database running on z/OS 64-bit mainframe operating systems for IBM mainframes that queries and retrieves data using SQL, JNDI, JDBC template and through Object Relational Mapping(ORM) tool Hibernate.
- Design Web Page components that are compliant with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 794d).
- Create Maven build scripts to automate the build process.
- Use the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools Bitbucket, Jenkins, Nexus, UCD to version control, build, store artifact, and deploy the software projects.
- Use MS Project, Visio and IT Governance Frameworks to document the solution architecture & develop UML based design documents.
- Develop unit test cases for every possible Java class with real scenarios using Junit, Mockito and PowerMock frameworks.
- Extensive Design and Programming skills in Java and JEE technologies.
- Extensive hands-on experience with one or more frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, ReactJS, and Express/Node.js
- Experience working on Agile projects and strong knowledge of Agile terminology and tools including VersionOne.
- Experience in developing the applications using Single-Page Architecture.
- Experience in coding “responsive” web pages with an understanding of the cross-browser limitations and browser compliance standards.
- Experience designing and deploying cloud-native applications onto AWS with PostgreSQL.
- Deep Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Red Hat OpenShift and Docker.
- Experience with modern software development tools for Continuous Integration including Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, and UrbanCode Deploy.
- Experience with Web Services Technologies (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
- Hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
- Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
- Experience with JEE technologies including Struts, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, and Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, DB2, Tomcat, WebSphere.
- Knowledge of security vulnerabilities in web applications and addressing them.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with the implementation of Section 508 standards for Web Applications.
- Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
- Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
- Prior experience working on applications that help identify fraudulent activities (Anti-Fraud) in government or larger private organizations..
Education & Experience
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain