Senior Software Developer- Remote ( R-00073670 )
The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a highly technical and motivated Senior Software Engineer. The program is based in Clarksburg, West Virginia, but can be supported remotely. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Third Generation (N3G).
- Day to Day Agile Software Development and using Java and scripting languages like Python.
- Use functional programming to develop and migrate big data from IBM Mainframe to the Cloud.
- Develop tools to provide search capabilities using ElasticSearch.
- Evaluation and possible implementation of a Name search product could also be part of our teams Road Map.
- The Candidate must have a Master’s Degree or Equivalent experience with at least 15 years of experience in the following areas: (Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Requirements analysis; software design, development, integration, and testing; operations and maintenance; bug fixing; and configuration management.
- Test case development.
- Java and scripting languages such as Python.
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and performance tuning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to include preparing and delivering presentations and artifacts to customer management.
The preferred Candidate shall have at least two (2) years of experience in the following areas:
- Automating application deployments, scaling and management.
- Development on an on-premise or off-premise cloud.
A DOD Top Secret Clearance is required.
The preferred candidate shall have at least five (5) years of experience in the following areas:
- Developing microservice architectures for web and application services using virtual instances, load balancing, automated surge capability, and integrated performance monitoring.
- Developing applications using traditional SQL based database management systems
- Developing applications using nosql data management systems and full text searching.
- Implementing security controls required by Federal information systems