Senior Python Developer ( 588830-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Sr. Python developer who will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and driving new opportunities through an expert-level comprehension of software design, APIs, and web technologies.
- Build automation tools for Network Support and Operations.
- Ensure everything we build is maintainable and ensure the team follows best practices with code versioning, testing, and programming\project methodologies.
- Use extensive knowledge of data structures, algorithms, programming languages, design principles, and systems integration best-practices to develop efficient and reusable code.
- Leverage expert level understanding of front-end and server-side application design to ensure tools are highly available, geographically redundant, reliable, and meet the growth requirements of a burgeoning network.
- Simplify the complex by designing and implementing solutions and tools that are intuitive to Network Engineers and cater to Verizon iEN Operations.
- Devise an intensive testing strategy for all new and existing components to ensure they are free of bugs and function as intended.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Jr. Developers through recognizing strengths and weaknesses.
- Create a culture of inclusion and teamwork through leading by example and always considering how their actions influence the broader team.
- Lead code review sessions with Jr. Developers and provide feedback \ guidance.
- Leadership – Project, Team, and Contractors.
- Understand the needs of the Operations teams and drive solutions to problems through prioritizing projects, allocating team resources, taking accountability for delivering results, and maintaining close relationships with peer teams \ organizations.
- Lead a team that designs, builds, tests, and deploys services and APIs that are integral to the operations toolkit.
- Present and communicate progress on projects to other organizations and executives; demonstrate the Opex savings being delivered; and set an example for ushering in DevOps culture to Verizon.
- Help mold the team through actively providing feedback to management on personnel needs, contractor needs, and any roadblocks.
- Successfully partner internally and externally with peer organizations and vendors to provide architectural leadership and review existing services, APIs, and platforms.
- Oversee and take accountability for compliance to all Verizon standards security through CPI-810, requirements for all Verizon built applications, adherence to privacy and data policies.
What we’re looking for...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Business Administration, Computer Sciences, Software Engineering, or EE or related field.
- Knowledge of software architecture, programming languages, virtualization, and the networking layers.
- Experience with SDN, Network Controllers, and NFV Orchestration \ VNF Management.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Eight or more years' experience in the telco industry focused on technology.
- Certification in OpenStack, Cloud Stack, or similar.
- Ability to lead technical discussions with a group of individuals in the industry with varying technical positions.
- Experience developing REST based web services.
- Knowledge of Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF), REST-CONF, and YANG.
- Knowledge of NextGen Optical Networks, 5G, SDN, NFV, and other relevant technologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).