Senior Developer ( 588795-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Message Bus (VMB) Team is responsible for the end to end lifecycle of a business critical solution which supports key initiatives in Verizon.
You will be responsible for Engineering and Tier 2 operational support across Cloud and On-Premise servers. Your day to day responsibilities include architecture design, provisioning, monitoring, build automation in an agile environment.
- Define, design, architect product solutions and facilitate development with technologies that include micro services frameworks, UI frameworks, and cloud native deployments.
- Identify opportunities for automation/closed-loop automation.
- Build strong relationships with internal customers to understand key objectives/initiatives and recommend design and integration strategies to best fit their needs.
- Build key relationships with the Pulsar open source community.
- Lead proof-of-concepts for validating new services.
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in design and development of applications using Micro services architecture.
- Knowledge of a message bus architecture.
- Knowledge of REST and SOAP-based APIs.
- Experience developing solutions connected to a diverse highly available environment with high response times.
- Experience in CICD.
- Experience in deploying solutions in cloud and on premise networks.
- Experience with containerization and container management platforms (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Experience in code reviews, with root cause of design logic issues.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- Experience in Data streaming Platforms Pulsar / Kafka.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Familiarity in migrating customers without data loss.
- Skills in automation and provisioning technologies.
- Knowledge of SAFE - Scaled Agile Framework.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).