Senior PL/SQL ETL Developer ( R-00074253 )
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
We are in search of a Senior PL/SQL ETL Developer to join our team in Woodlawn Maryland. This opening will support the contracts at the Social Security Administration.
Day to Day Responsibilities
• Design, develop, and unit test software modules/functionality.
• Peer review team members code for quality and standards.
• Demonstrate completed functionality and assist testers with approaches to validate features and refine test cases.
• Attend team meetings with team members to understand and refine business features.
• Attend regular customer meetings and provide status on assigned tasks.
• Analyze and troubleshoot the existing Oracle 19c data models, PL/SQL and Linux scripts, and code for opportunities to optimize performance and migrate into the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
• Monitor and troubleshoot daily production jobs and job failures.
• Coordinate with various other teams to resolve production job failures.
• Develop design documentation and guidelines.
• Develop presentation material.
• Strong experience in design, building and testing graphs and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) applications
• Strong understanding of data recovery and job rerun needs in an ETL environment.
• Strong experience with SQL, mapping, and integration of databases such as DB2, Oracle 19c, and Greenplum.
• Proficiency writing scripts using Oracle PL/SQL, PostgreSQL, and Linux.
• Familiarity extracting data from multiple data sources such as DB2, Oracle, and flat files.
• Experience scripting in a Linux environment to automate ETL solutions and data migration jobs.
• Knowledge of when to use plain SQL vs. PL/SQL.
• Working knowledge with analyzing and developing optimal code to maintain high performance for processing large volumes of data.
• Proficiency with reading UNIX logs and executing basic UNIX commands in order to troubleshoot existing applications.
• Hands on experience with data warehouse Business Intelligence (BI) / Management Information (MI) reporting environment. Knowledge in both client-server and mainframe-based systems and the connectivity/infrastructure requirements to support, design, develop and implement such systems.
• Knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) software development practices, environments, and disability applications.
• Experience with data warehousing designs/concepts such as star and snowflake schemas.
• Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, performance analysis, continuous integration)
• Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies, Jenkins, Jira/VersionOne, Nexus, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, and Amazon Web Services.
• Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
Education & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred with 7 years with advanced IT experience or professional IT certifications.
• Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.Pay Range: