Senior Software Developer ( 586214-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
The division you will be part of is responsible for all e-bonded messaging between Verizon Enterprise Business and other telecom carriers around the globe. This is a great opportunity if you want to excel in a new domain and wish to be at the cutting edge of learning, implementing and eventually contributing to telecom standards as we transition from a physical network into software defined virtual networks.
- Leading a team of software developers to the design and develop complex systems.
- Migrate the complex legacy data from legacy systems to directional systems
- All aspects of software design and delivery lifecycle utilizing
- Working with multiple business user groups to define strategy and delivery of key programs.
- Define ongoing upgrades and modernization plans around maintenance of TPVM & BGW platform. The tech stack uses spring boot based micro services running in Kubernetes on public cloud and Cassandra DB.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Enterprise experience with building and managing cloud friendly services.
- Experience in domain driven design and micro services architectures.
- Experience in development of highly scalable resilient enterprise level products.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or four or more years of experience.
- A degree.
- Experience in the telecom industry and proficient in Layer1 network domain.
- Expertize in data migration of large complex systems.
- Experience with leading software development teams for enterprise level software.
- Experience with AWS/PCF, Java based micro services development.
- Experience with OOP, SOA, modular code development, micro services, design pattern, multi-threading.
- Experience with Server back end and API/Service development.
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG, Maven, Oracle, Postgres, UNIX.
- Experience with No-SQL DBs especially Cassandra.
- Experience with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.
- Knowledge of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development and agile methodology.
- Experience in cloud computing, a Rules Engine such as DROOLS, Spring Integration, Caching, or any similar technology, mobile web experience.
- Experience with ASOG and/or LSOG standards.
- Written and spoken communication skills to interact and drive global technical teams.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).