Senior Software Developer ( 585693-1C )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Join our Information Technology team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers’ needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. As a development Lead, you will be responsible for the delivery of Network Systems strategic digital transformation initiatives by working independently on complex operational & technical projects, issues, systems and applications. You will use your experience, expertise and skills to solve problems that are more difficult and infrequent.
- Design innovative & reusable digital transformation capabilities using emerging technologies like AR/VR, Computer Vision, Digital Twins, AI/ML etc. that simplify the day-to-day operations of our business users and reduce the time to market for new Network Systems IT initiatives.
- Apply Customer Centric Design Thinking processes to create a memorable and aspirational user experience for all software developed for both Network System business users and other engineering teams.
- Implement software that is highly secure, high performant, scalable & resilient at the lowest possible cost by using AWS/GCP Serverless/Managed services and K8s platforms on AWS/RedHat.
- Use a data driven approach to identify and eliminate or reduce manual work in the business processes.
- Create awareness, collaborate with multiple IT/non-IT stakeholders from Engineering, Service Fulfillment, Service Assurance, Field Operation and Shared Platform/Services domains and drive adoption of reusable digital transformation capabilities created across Network Systems.
- Guide team members across the globe to design and implement optimal solutions to complex problems and meet critical business needs using Scaled Agile Framework.
- Coach team members across the globe in automating infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines using DevSecOps principles/tools like JIRA, Jenkins, Ansible etc.
- Work with UAT and Production Support teams to get software certified and deployed in Production.
- Present high level concepts to executives.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional/Business Requirements, High Level Architecture, System Requirements etc.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Serve as the conduit between the business/customer community and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology, support and IT development teams.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Electrical/Electronic Engineering followed by four or more years of progressive experience developing solutions on public cloud infrastructure, mobility architecture, tablets, and android/iOS platforms.
- Networking business domain expertise.
- Experience in using enterprise-wide agile requirements definition and management systems and methodologies.
- Strong analytical and product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- NodeJs, GoLang, Python, Java scripting/programming experience using containers and Serverless technologies.
- React, Angular mobile/desktop programming experience.
- UX design experienceusing Lean UX methodology.
- RedHat PAM development experience using Openshift container platform.
- AWS services experience like EKS/Lambda, Elasticache, EMR, DynamoDB, Aurora PostgreSQL, SageMaker etc.
- Experience with ML/Data Models using Python.
- Google Dialogflow experience.
- Experience designing and developing 2/3-tier application with RDBMS.
- Application servers like Weblogic or Tomcat experience.
- XML/JSON, REST APIs experience.
- GitHub or similar source control system experience.
- PL/SQL, packages, procedures and functions experience.
- Working knowledge of Perl or shell scripting.
- Ability to quickly perform proof-of-concepts for validating new technology or approach.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).