Senior Java UI Developer ( 589663-1F )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Senior Java Developer that has a proven track record in building enterprise-class apps, and well versed in the latest technologies. You'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge frameworks to back-end Java-based systems using the latest techniques. The ideal candidate will bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as Java, AngularJS, React, relational databases, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure. You will design, develop, and modify mobile software applications and components. You will provide expertise and technical leadership; lead complex development tasks to successful completion. You will be responsible for innovating the 5G Home setup experience within the My Verizon Mobile app, also maintaining the existing mobile software. You will participate in regular design and code reviews with development team members to confirm the use of best practices.
And you will understand and evaluate new technologies, develop skills in new technologies.
- Develop new complex mobile applications from top to bottom (user interface design, application design, implementation, unit and functional testing, deployment to customers).
- Implement new features in existing mobile applications.
- Liaise with product stakeholders and other teams in the organization to complete the projects on time and to the highest quality standards.
- Participate in peer code reviews, manage criteria applied during code reviews.
- Investigate technical issues during the full development lifecycle.
- Assess feasibility, difficulty, and provide time estimates on implementing new features to an application.
- Review 3rd party applications and recommend the best in the market to our business partners.
- Leverage technical expertise in developing software that relies on Bluetooth to find nearby devices, connect to Bluetooth devices, and transfer data.
- Coach and develop team members to increase the team’s bench strength and flexibility.
- Translate business requirements into applications by implementing the best strategy to ensure the design meets performance, usability, reliability, and scalability standards.
- Contribute to the high-performance of the agile-development lifecycle by ensuring productive, and successful sprints by working to reduce blocking issues for the team
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in Java programing.
- Experience with UI design and Implementation.
- Experience in containers using AWS EKS and Docker.
- Working experience in RDBMS, writing SQL to perform CRUD (Postgress).
- Experience in using analytical tools like Splunk, kibana.
- Experience in network cache using Redis.
- Fluency in English.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Teamwork and collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams.
- Communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Problem-solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues.
- Ability to learn new technologies and skills based on the project requirements.
- Working experience creating Micro Services using Spring, Spring Boot.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns in coding and Cloud Architecture in DevOps.
- Working experience in writing Junit Test case.
- Knowledge of web application development fundamentals.
- Experience maintaining and refactoring existing codebases to best practices and new technologies.
- Knowledge of network frameworks as well as third parties.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Team-player that is positive, proactive, and a motivated self-starter.
- Knowledge and experience with build and release management.
- Knowledge of Telecom domain, products, understanding the network components, topologies, devices, etc.
- Knowledge of Network Engineering / Field Operations domains.
- Experience with emerging technology – AI/ML, Chabot, cloud.
- Knowledge about Technology industry and market trends to determine potential impact on the infrastructure architecture.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).